Does you ever feel like the odds are stacked against them?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else ever feels like this. I am 40 and my weight has gone up and down all my life. But that isn't the reason I feel like this. I had thyroid cancer 7 years ago and no longer have a thyroid (so my metabolism is all messed up), I was also born with a heart defect that means I can't do high intensity cardio like, running, biking or aerobics, I still do walk and am trying to do light jogging. Oh yeah and to top it off 6 months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS which makes you keep weight around your middle more and because of insulin resistance.

I am having some success this time again but what keeps running through my mind is will it work this time or will I just go back up again.

Sorry just having a bad night and lets just say I don't have the most supportive family on this journey which makes me second guess myself.

Replies

• marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well, first off, congrats on the success that you are having. Losing weight with a heart defect and PCOS has got to be very difficult. And I know what you mean when it comes to having the cards stacked against you. My family seems to be indifferent to me losing weight. Indifference is hard too, because since they don't care sometimes you feel like you care less. At least you are not allowing your health issues keep you from doing what you wanna do. Sometimes I realized, is that we have to be our own best friend when it comes to life changing things like weight loss. People get used to us being a certain way, so if we try anything different, even to our betterment, they may be against it or wonder why you care. Just keep doing what you're doing. You're obviously doing something right since you're 19 pounds down. :D
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marilynx, as I said was having a bad night. I was feeling so good because I had lost another 2.2lbs that I treated myself to an ice cream cone and of course my family had to comment on it and ruin my mood. I agree indifference is hard too, there are days when you could just use their support but they just don't get it.