How much is to much?

So normally I eat about 600-800 calories a day but this past week I've eaten roughly 1600 every day and today I went stupid and I've had 2300!! How badly is this going to effect me? I know I'm seriously under eating but after the large amount I've had today, am I going to gain heaps of weight and blow up? :( I am going to eat more than 800 from now on but is 2300 too much? :( help me please!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    One pound of fatty tissue equals about 3500 calories.

It's important that you eat more on a regular basis. You are not stupid. The undereating is making you overeat.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    How about entering your information into MFP, selecting sedentary as your activity level, and then selecting to lose 1 lb/week?

What calorie amount does MFP give you when you do that?

Rather than undereating or overeating ... stick with the amount MFP gives you.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    2300 is not a huge amount of food. It is my maintenance level. Do not worry. Just start eating a reasonable amount each day. There is no reason at all to starve yourself to lose weight.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Enter your info into MFP and then go by the calories they give you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Please get help.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    The worst that can happen is that you gain some water and it sticks around for a couple of days. The way to get rid of the extra water is to drink a lot more water today. With you eating 1600 for a week are you feeling better yet? That event of eating 2300 one day just needs to be part of the weeks-long refeeding plan you must engage in to restore the health of your metabolism. When your metabolism is healthy, you can eat about 1200 daily and lose weight. That business of 600-800 needs to be seen for what it is, strong evidence of a badly damaged metabolism. You're too young and pretty to make yourself so sick. Please don't.