Veggie Dip...I no longer hate raw veggies

Options
jmbarragan
jmbarragan Posts: 21 Member
I discovered a way to finally eat my raw vegetables and like it. I created my own recipe.

44 calories for 2 TBSP
I took one Lipton French Onion dry soup mix pouch & Ranch Dressing dry powder mix packet with 16 oz (large container) Light Sour Cream. You could even replace the light sour cream with Greek yogurt. I heard on another blog that Greek yogurt tastes just like sour cream.

I love to dip my favorite veggies in this because you don't need very much since the flavor is strong. You can also add parsley if you want.

Replies

• jackflash007
    Options
    Mmmm, sounds good, I'm going to try this :happy:
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make this tomorrow..I really need to mega up my veggies so hopefully the dip will help:)
  • irish077
    irish077 Posts: 32
    Options
    Mmmmm, sounds good, gonna try!
    Happy 4th!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    have you tried hummus?? I started on raw veggies when I found Sabra roasted pine nut hummus! Yummo!

Gonna make your dip this weekend with my greek yogurt
  • lberard
    lberard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Thanks, this sounds delicious. I love raw vegetables with dip. Nice pm snack!:bigsmile:
  • booch221
    booch221 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Instead of light sour cream, I put 1% cottage cheese into a food processor and puree it until it's smooth. Then add your onion soup or whatever . You can loosen it with a little milk or water if it's too thick. One cup of 1% cottage cheese has only 163 calories and 2g of fat

Other things you can add to a dip:
    pickle juice and fresh dill.
    curry powder
    garlic flakes
    fresh herbs
    dry Italian dressing mix
    diced olives (black or green)