Should I eat less on my days off work ?

Options
I typically eat 1600-2000 calories a day, but those are on my work days. I don't do much on my days off, just sit around on the couch on my computer. i'm not sure how many calories I should eat on my days off. I'm 5'2 at 198 right now, and I also want to know what you guys think of diet drinks like diet dr pepper and coke zeros. I've been drinking a lot of those lately, they don't hinder weight loss do they ? I've heard they make you hungrier... but is that all ?

Replies

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I suggest maybe walk in place or go on a walk on your days off...I'm 5 feet even and weigh 180 started at 205 in 2013 got down to 177 then gained basically it all back I started this weight loss journey again in October 2015 I try to eat 1200-1500 a day I don't work out but I do walk in place for 30-60 minutes a day
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    On days when I'm more active, I eat more. My job is sedentary, so I log my exercise and eat some, but not all, of the calories I've earned from exercise.

Not sure how to calculate exactly how many less calories you should eat on your off days - perhaps the activity level already has weekends factored in.

Do consider using your off days to get more exercise - plenty of time in the day for that :)

I just got back from a wonderful hike around a pond. The foliage was past peak, but there were still some nice red and yellow oak leaves, as well as red blueberry bushes and yellow beach.

I'm tired and sore from moving, and it was drizzling out, but I forced myself to go and am really glad I did.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of cutting the calories on your day off, eat the same and take the opportunity to get up and be more active on those days?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of cutting the calories on your day off, eat the same and take the opportunity to get up and be more active on those days?

This

Your other option might be to eat about 100 calories less or so each day during the work week, and save them for the weekend.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,871 Member
    Options
    On my days off work, I am a lot more active than I am when I work. Those days are for going on long bicycle rides or hiking or something interesting. :)

So I tend to eat more on my days off work.

But yes, if you're exercising less, you'll want to eat less in order to lose weight.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Move on your day off. The couch does you no good.

Bear of luck