Could it be?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Is it really that simple? Eat under your calorie goal that mfp gives you for the day and you'll lose weight? That almost seems too easy after today of actually trying to eat ok, and stay under my goal for the day. Idk am i missing something? Also, i didnt add my exercise (walking) into the diary either, didn't know if you're supposed to eat those cals back or?

Yes, it's just math. A calorie is a unit of energy...your body requires energy to function...your energy requirements are based on your BMR + your daily+exercise. When you consume energy (calories) at a rate that is commensurate with what you are expending then you maintain. When you consume more energy than you require, that excess is stored as body fat...body fat is just stored energy...it's your backup generator. When you consume less energy than your body requires, your backup generator kicks on and you burn fat to make up the difference.

You do not have to eat under your GOAL...your GOAL has been calculated for you based on your inputs and desired rate of loss...your GOAL is your deficit and is something to be achieved. You account for exercise with MFP after the fact when you log it and earn additional calories...otherwise you should include it in your activity level.