fun ways to burn calories

Options
Could use some new ideas!! I started playing tennis, but I want lots of ideas preferable either fun ideas or quick thins I can throw in here and there

Replies

• LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    hmm..fun....one of the things l like doing is taking a teether ball and throw it one way, then palm strike it the other way, then hit it with a left hook. fun!
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    For quick, I just dance around. Sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for 25-30. Whatever I'm in the mood for lol.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Here you go ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports

Now, just work your way through the list. :) Well, maybe not the card games.

But also just do stuff like walk a bit more, take the stairs, etc.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    fun things for me are Swing dancing and anything that's outside - running in the woods, hiking, hell even climbing trees would be fun.
  • amandapleighse92
    amandapleighse92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas! I LOVE to walk too, but there are too many dogs where I live and they are mean. :'( So I have to drive like 15 miles to take a walk, it sucks!!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hoop dance!
  • amandapleighse92
    Options
    what is hoop dance?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hiking, biking, dancing, gardening
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Zumba, kickboxing, hip hop dance, at least those are fun for me!
  • amandapleighse92
    Options
    I always feel so silly! My dancing skills are WEAK
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Wii games
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    i feel like mine have gotten better i wasnt the best dancer but now i have form & burn tons of calories . and if its music you enjoy it doesnt feel like a workout
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    what is hoop dance?

Dance w. hula hoops (see Deanne Love, Safire, JL Baxter, or Khan Wong, for example). I am nowhere near that good, but it's still a heck of a workout. You can build your own beginner hoops to start, using materials from Lowe's.
  • slivesey77
    slivesey77 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Fun is a fairly relative term, but rebounding with a trampoline is a great way to burn calories, tone muscles and strengthen your immune system. You can do it in front of the tv or take it outside and throw on some music. Of course, you'll need to get the trampoline.
  • leighsnow
    leighsnow Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was about to say weighted hula hoops as above... I made my own and they are a blast and super amazing for your core and quite the calorie burner!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Fun exercise for me is playing with my dog. Sometimes we go for a run with the leash. Other times it's chase, tug of war or fetch in the yard. When we play fetch, I do squats or yoga stretches while I wait for her to return with the ball.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    bike riding, dancing, hiking, basket ball, volley ball, playing with tag kids..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Playing football with the kiddos...
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I miss skip its. I used to play with it all day, do they have some that fit through adult feet? :D
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hopscotch, fly a kite, volunteer some place. You'll likely move more and help someoe out.