losing weight fast...

Options
Hi
I have just started excersizing and dieting 4 days ago and I have lost 8lbs so far... How is that possible? I've been weighing myself the same time everyday and logging most of my progress here
But it shocks me how quick I seem to be losing..
Is this normal?

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Yes, the first weightloss is usually water weight and then the rest is fat.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Water weight mostly. Some fat loss. Some muscle loss.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Water weight mostly. Some fat loss. Some muscle loss.

MY GAWD, you're stunning!
  • urgravity01
    Options
    Try to use fat burning exercises like running best for you to lose weight quickly. The second main thing is that try to use some weight loss meal plans that are effective for you. The third one is to use the Fitness Tracking Devices that also plays very important role to lose weight.

Thanks,
    :smile:
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    It's normal, don't expect it to continue like that though.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It's normal to lose more in the first week or so, which will mostly be water loss.

If it continues that way then you should probably eat a bit more as you could well be losing muscle along with fat.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hard to give an opinion without being able to see your food diary.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have just started excersizing and dieting 4 days ago and I have lost 8lbs so far... How is that possible? I've been weighing myself the same time everyday and logging most of my progress here
    But it shocks me how quick I seem to be losing..
    Is this normal?
    be glad.There will come a time when the scale would refuse to move even in a freakin earthquake
  • ronnie554
    ronnie554 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Am finding running and using weights (quite heavy) is aiding my fat burning. Ive been on myfitness pal and losing the regular 2 pound a week, but stepping it up in the gym has increased it to 3-4 pound. My fitness and eagerness for running is at an all time high. I knocked 20 secs off my previous personal best for a 5k run this morning.
    My aim is to be able to run 10k by the end of the year.