diet pop? thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    diet pops do not have zero calories. it's usually <10 per bottle/serving.
    it does feel bad for my body when i drink diet coke and fizzy drinks + i'm not a huge fan of them since they taste pretty nasty anyways.
    i do like bai and crystal light though

Crystal light and diet have basically the same ingredients, except for carbonation and caffeine.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Diet drinks have zero calories. That's all there is to it.

Actually they have like 10 caloriesbut they can get away with saying zero.

Why else does Coke and Pepsi have zero calorie drink options when they already have "diet" ones on the market?

In the US, it's less than 5 (except for Diet Dew which has 10 cals on a 20 oz, but the 12 oz can get away with listing zero, but is labeled a "reduced calorie soda" rather than zero calorie).

Coke zero, Pepsi Max/Pepsi Zero Sugar just have different formulations of sweeteners for flavor.

Oh I just remember seeing retro commercialso n YouTube from the 80s and they advertised Diet Coke and Pepsi with 10 calories back then
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I like diet sodas much better than the sugared versions, as long as it's aspartame not splenda or stevia. AFA nutrition, neither diet or sugared has nutrition so I'd rather not get empty calories.

There are exceptions. I never use diet soda as a mixer in an alcoholic cocktail, but don't use cola flavored sodas in cocktails anyway. And I like ginger beer, the sugared version, a hundred times better than diet ginger ale.

But in general, if I'm after a soda, it will be diet coke or coke zero.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Calories aside, regular soda is really bad for your teeth. My father ruined his teeth drinking coke as a boy! In general, it is one of those foods that uses up a lot of calories without supplying nutrients or filling you up. But that's just my 2 cents :)
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I mostly stick to water, better for you, better for skin etc, if I get a major sugar craving I satisfy it with a diet lemon soda.