What traits describe you as "fit" or "out of shape"?

Options
2»

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I felt fit when this summer when I was keeping step with younger middle to high school kids on a summer trip.

I would have been miserable with the stairs and walking if I were there age at 200+ lbs
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I get winded just getting dressed.
  • OS_KAT
    OS_KAT Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I can squat 145 lbs. I still have a long way to go
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i worked in a place where we built our own servers from the box up. then we had to get them into the racks in the server room. it always pissed me off that us girl testers had to summon some guy to do this part of it.

they were loaners that cost something like 80k each, and i was a contractor and not exactly covered by the 'um, so oops' clause so i just swallowed it at the time. but i would sure like to go back there right now. 60 pound server would be like nothing to me *swaggers*.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I feel fit because I am strong enough do all the bending, lifting, hauling and packing that I need to at work these days. I feel fit because I don't have trouble sleeping due to pain in my low back, shoulders or neck anymore.

I feel out of shape because I can't do as many or as much of specific exercises as I want to. The thing is though, the amount of chin-ups, push-ups, weight I can lift etc. just goes up each time I reach a particular goal--I guess I'll always feel out of shape somehow.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    @born_of_fire74 Cyclists say "it never gets easier, you just get faster."
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    7dn2dnnurex9.jpg

To me fit means I can do almost everything with ease.. If I have to climb or do pull ups/chin ups to get there, if I can lift heavy weights, run for 5miles with out being out of breath and swim with ease. Fit to means I'm in full control of my body in everything I do.
    So far I'm only strong so I don't believe I'm fit. I still can't run for a mile. My stamina is not fit and I need to fix that
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    7dn2dnnurex9.jpg

To me fit means I can do almost everything with ease.. If I have to climb or do pull ups/chin ups to get there, if I can lift heavy weights, run for 5miles with out being out of breath and swim with ease. Fit to means I'm in full control of my body in everything I do.
    So far I'm only strong so I don't believe I'm fit. I still can't run for a mile. My stamina is not fit and I need to fix that

Fantastic!

Have you seen the thread named "what are YOUR New Fitness Goals?" - I have a video of the women's calisthenics world championships. It's amazing, and so are you!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Fit for me is more aesthetics and being able to climb flights of stairs without being winded. Like, a toned body that doesn't have to be able to lift a car or anything! haha I guess my definition is lacking...Unfit would be not being able to keep up even with just regular people.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I can change the 5 gallon water bottle without help. So that's pretty much like being a Crossfit bada$$ right?

I can open up a big jar of pickles .... with a butter knife and my shirt

I can also open a bottle of wine if I stick between my legs and pull really hard.. its a slow process thaf one