Weight loss goals

Options
Hi guys!

I'm trying to lose 2 stones, i be at the gym 3-4 tines a week, up to 1 hour to 1hour 30mins. I feel as though am seeing no diffrence. Please can you help me in what excersises would be best for weight loss, more towards my stomache and love handles. I be on the treadmill alot however i do feel as though my body will get used to it and will not longer make a diffrence.

My diet is very clean aswell, any help would be very much appreciated :)

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Exercise and "clean" eating aren't what causes weight loss. Accurately tracking calories (using a food scale) and staying in a caloric deficit causes weight loss. How tall are you? What do you weigh? How many calories are you eating each day, and how do you know that number?
  • taslima786786
    taslima786786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.3 and currently weight 11 stones, i have about 1000 calories per day, or sometimes less. i use myfitnesspal for counting calories

Thank you for your response
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.3 and currently weight 11 stones, i have about 1000 calories per day, or sometimes less. i use myfitnesspal for counting calories

Why are you eating so little?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why are you eating so little?

This
  • avskk
    Options
    1000 calories is very low. Do you use a food scale to weigh your food so you know you're entering it into MFP correctly? Cups, tablespoons, and other volume measurements are not accurate for solids and semi-solids.

Since you don't have a lot to lose, your loss is naturally going to be slow. You shouldn't be aiming for quick loss and very low calories. Set your weight loss goal to lose 1lb a week or .5lbs a week, see how many calories MFP allots, and go from there. Start by weighing everything and logging it accurately for two weeks and compare that to your results from the past month. Then you can adjust accordingly.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm trying to lose 2 stones, i be at the gym 3-4 tines a week, up to 1 hour to 1hour 30mins. I feel as though am seeing no diffrence. Please can you help me in what excersises would be best for weight loss, more towards my stomache and love handles. I be on the treadmill alot however i do feel as though my body will get used to it and will not longer make a diffrence.

My diet is very clean aswell, any help would be very much appreciated :)

Weight loss comes down to calories. Are you tracking your calorie intake? Are you measuring out all your food on a scale, set to grams? Are you eating at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals?
  • taslima786786
    taslima786786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help, i didn't realise 1000 was very low as i thought average was 1200, but i will read more in to this

Thank you
  • avskk
    Options
    Calorie intake is individualized; there is no one number that applies to all or most people. 1000 is very, very low for a woman unless she is extremely petite or elderly. When I plugged your info into a calculator I found that to lose around half a pound a week you should be aiming for ~1500 calories per day, plus eating back some of your exercise calories.

I encourage you to plug your stats into MFP, set a realistic weight loss goal of .5 or 1lbs per week, and eat to the goal MFP suggests. Use a scale to weigh your solid foods and use cups/spoons to measure your liquids. I'd bet almost any amount of money that this will work for you. :)