Workout programs like p90x/insanity.

Options
I plan on starting one probably p90x after I finish hiphop abs to get started. Im just wondering if following the nutrition plan they set is important or if Id be fine just eating at my current calorie goal. Also if I borrowed the p90x dvds do I need any equipment for it or is it all just using your body. Thanks.

Replies

• mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Options
    There is some equipment necessary. As I recall you would need a pull up bar or bands, dumbbells and a mat for yoga day which was the worst for me.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi Nelson,

The nutrition plan is where you will make 80 % of your gains. You don't have to change everything up, but following the phase 1 fat shredder approach will maximize your results. Thankfully MFP is beautiful for tracking the fat shredder (50 percent protein/ 30 percent carbs/ 20 percent fat) by customizing your settings.

I've done three consecutive rounds and it has changed my life ! Tammy explained the necessary equipment question above.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Simon
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi. Nelson, I'm on day 25 of P90X and I am loving it. Defiantly worth buying the equipment already listed( you will probably buy the dvds for another round). For me the assistance strap works great for the pull ups. I do end up using a chair for the wide grip pull ups because I find I can actually do more reps with it. Can't wait to start phase two on Sunday. I didn't do the fat shredder plan for this phase because I only wanted to lose like five pounds and didn't want to cut my carbs and fat. I did up my protien. I am seeing positive changes already. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week of P90X & am happy with my results. I followed the nutrition plan but if I were to do it again I'd simply do what I am now (.45g fat/lb and 1g protein/lb) make sure you eat enough doing P90X. If you think you can do it on 1200 calories a day you'll not see the type of transitions you're seeking. Equipment pull up bar and bands or weights.
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey! The nutrition plan they have for p90X is great but a lot of people kind of tweak it. You can change it up and make some of your own stuff just try to keep the protein, carb and fat at what it should be. And make sure you hit your calories. I did p90X and loved the results. As far as equipment you will need resistance bands or a pull up bar and weights. Beachbody has some great deals right now, let me know if you need any help.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I didn't use the nutrition plan.
    You only need a set of various strengths of resistance bands and a door hook (if you dont have dumbbells and a chin up bar)