Protein

Options
Hi - I have a daily goal of eating 82 grams of protein, and around 1600 calories. I don't eat meat, but do eat fish / seafood and eggs. Any suggestions of how I'm actually supposed to make this happen?

Replies

• sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started eating oatmeal in the mornings with a spoonful of peanut butter and a scoop of whey isolate powder (I like chocolate). It gives me 37 grams of protein in the morning. I still struggle most days to hit my protein goal, but I come close a lot of the time. :smile:
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Incorporating a few ounces of fish/eggs in a few meals throughout the day should easily get you to 82 grams of protein. Beans are a good non-meat source for protein.
    My protein goal is 150 grams and I have hit that with 1600 calorie days on several occasions. (I prefer chicken as my main protein source, but there are many types of fish that have comparable macro content. You could also do egg whites to get more protein bang for your calorie buck.)
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Some yogurts are higher in protein. Also oatmeal. I eat the Flatout wraps pretty regularly with my munch and they have I think like 9-10 grams of protein.
  • smicci1
    smicci1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat a peanut butter protein ball each morning (www.muscleiciousfoods.com). They are local to me, so I can usually hop in and by from their store, but they do ship. I aim for 100 grams each day, since I lift 6 days a week and don't want my weight loss to stall my muscle gains. I also use whey protein for post workouts from optimum nutrition. Sometimes I will add powdered peanut butter to my protein shakes. I'm not big on meat, either, but I do like tuna, and I usually try to use oatmeal as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Low fat dairy - Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese etc
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy to hit as long as you make a small amount of protein your focus of each meal. You may need to supplement with protein powder or bars.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm pescatarian by label because I eat tuna maybe 1-2 times a month. Most of my protein comes from tofu, tempeh, seitan, cottage cheese, beans, eggs and nuts.