Back on Track. Need support.

Options
About 3 years ago, I embarked on a journey and lost over 70 lbs. I felt great and looked great. I was a clean eater and I kicked my *kitten* in the gym. Then I went back to university and life got busy, and realistically, I made excuses and let myself "relapse" into obesity (I'm an addictions counsellor now, so I see it as nothing but a relapse of behaviours).

I haven't weighed myself in over a year. I tell people I'm not concerned about the weight, but the number, but as the months pass by, I know I'm only trying to kid myself. I've gained weight. A lot of weight. I'm thinking I've regained maybe 40 of those pounds in just over a year.

I need to get back to the gym. I need to start eating clean. Tomorrow is my day (as it is 10 pm here right now). I'm so weak and out of shape and I used to be strong, powerful and in control. 8 hour hike, no problem. Now I'm huffing in the first 10 minutes.

Anyone out there want to help me stay on track? I need the accountability right now.

Thanks,
Jeff

Replies

• Siegel15
    Siegel15 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff, this whole board is helping me stay on track and focused! So many threads to read, all folks like me struggling to lose weight again!
    Just one step at a time, brother, and next thing you know several weeks have past and you have lost MOST of what you have gained! Lucky you, you ONLY gained about 40 pounds. I gained back 60. You are YOUNG and able to lose again QUICKLY I guarantee you. Me? It's a snail pace, a lot of patience and faith. You will have ALL that extra weight off, I predict in about 4 to 5 months . It will be easy for you if you set up a do able program for yourself, stick to it, and keep your mind focused on the goal month.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jeff.
    I'm also getting back on track, slowly. I'll be taking it one step at a time, literally! Please feel free to add me, and let's cheer each other on. We've both been healthy before, and remember how amazing it was.

Good to meet you. :)