When you're in denial!

Options
So I've been feeling frustrated as to why the weight isn't moving, so I decided to check out the past few months and I realized that it's because out of 68 days so far, I've actually only been under my calorie goal 26 of those days!

I only thought it was perhaps a day here and there, but no, some weeks the entire week I was well over each day.

It's coming into summer here and I wouldn't reach by goal by Christmas but at least now I can see that's my own fault the weight isn't moving!

Replies

• nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Isn't the diary review a beautiful tool? At least you're tracking everything :smiley: My denial days, I just don't track. Yesterday was my allowed "high calorie" day, and I was so proud and a little surprised when I wasn't as "over" as I thought, which normally would have led to more eating.

Good Job keeping with it! Now you know what to do moving forward!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    well done for spotting it, so many people just cant see it and wonder whats gone wrong
    good luck.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    The ability to look back over 30 days and see where my calories had been that month was one of the things that helped me move forward with working harder to stay within my daily goal. The good news is, now that you saw your denial, you can move forward from it. Good for you for being honest with yourself.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    data is one of your most important tools!

I LOVE data. I'm a spreadsheet nerd!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I live in denial on the days that I "cheat". I know that you should log your calories even on bad days, but I went so off the rails over the weekend that I'm honestly too afraid to see how bad it is. I'm afraid it will just make me feel worse than I do.
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Accountability!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    nfpswife wrote: »
    Isn't the diary review a beautiful tool? At least you're tracking everything :smiley: My denial days, I just don't track. Yesterday was my allowed "high calorie" day, and I was so proud and a little surprised when I wasn't as "over" as I thought, which normally would have led to more eating.

Good Job keeping with it! Now you know what to do moving forward!

How do you see this review?
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Sure...it happens..."Oh, this or that couldn't have been that many calories..." but a. yes, in some cases it could have been and b. it adds up.

Have definitely done this. :D
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I live in denial on the days that I "cheat". I know that you should log your calories even on bad days, but I went so off the rails over the weekend that I'm honestly too afraid to see how bad it is. I'm afraid it will just make me feel worse than I do.

I think if you look at is as a learning experience and not as bad/good it can't effect your feelings. I'd also like to say it isn't really cheating, its just eating more than your goal that day. Taking the power away from food helped me tremendously. idk
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

Very often I found it wasn't near as bad as I thought it was when I did overdo it. I would use it as a learning time and then move on.