Virtual races

Options
Other than sparkpeople, do you know of any other free virtual races? I get wellness points at work and im trying to earn more points on my weekly runs. Hitting my steps gets me 5pts a day. Athletic events range from 250 to 500!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Every race I've ever seen costs something. Generally the point is to raise $ for a cause. If you get any swag with it, those costs often need to be covered unless they are 100% donated by a sponsor.
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im only in it for my companys wellness points. Sparkpeople sponors a free weekly race (no swag, awards, etc) to promote activity. Thats if i can find 2 or 3 virtual races like that, i can turn 15 wellness points into 500 or 750. I can use my points to buy down my insurance premiums.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    mrp56839 wrote: »
    Im only in it for my companys wellness points. Sparkpeople sponors a free weekly race (no swag, awards, etc) to promote activity. Thats if i can find 2 or 3 virtual races like that, i can turn 15 wellness points into 500 or 750. I can use my points to buy down my insurance premiums.

You should check with your employer to see what would qualify.
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did. Any sponsored race counts. I just dont want to pay a race fee if i dont have to.