healthy foods in your diet

Options
It seems as well all make different choices on healthy foods. I am looking for new ideas and was wondering if everyone would share some staples that you always fall back during the day that are good choices. I love special k crisp treats for snacks and GNC protein shakes for breakfast. baked chicken for dinner. But i really need some variety. Ideas would be wonderful!

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, and i eat a lot of the same foods most days.

quest bars (LOVE cookie dough and cinnamonn roll)
    trutein protein recipes (protein pancakes, mugcakes, pudding- thiis powder is amazing in the 2 flavors ive tried)
    fruit
    raw veggies with guac or tzaziki
    sensible portions ranch veggie straws
    quaker blueberry fiber crisps
    stir fry (chicken, shrimp or beef with various frozen veggies, and 2 tbsp of any asian stir fry sauce)
    chicken or turkey sausage (or chicken or shrimp, for that matter), with an onion, pepper zucchini combo (sauteed with a little olive oil, a lil asian stir fry sauce, or fajita seasoning)
    morningstar farms maple flavored sausage patties and eggs/egg whites
  • nat8199
    nat8199 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Right now I am loving plain non-fat greek yogurt mixed with some thawed frozen raspberries (they basically turn to a thick juice and add a lot of flavor) and some regular blueberries. Yummy.

I also like sliced ham with some spicy mustard and reduced fat cheddar laid flat (like three little pizzas) and put under the broiler for a few minutes.

Those are the two snacks I am having right now when I get hungry between my regular meals.

Most of the brands for these I use are organic, but that only matters if it does to you.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Caesar salad
    Greek and low fat yogurts
    Strawberries
    Cherries
    Garden salad
    Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine meals
    Sun Rice Caramel rice cakes (35 cals per cake!)
    Roasted carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin
    Peppercorn food company Extra Lean Beef Chipolatas
    Twinings Infusions tea
    Omelettes
  • JessiesGirls520
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries and almond butter
    hardboiled eggs with salsa and mustard
    cashews and apple sauce
    luna bars
    veggie burger patties with homemade sweet potato fries
    shakeology with pb2, 1/2 banana, and almond milk
    cottage cheese with sunflower seeds
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Carrots and celery with hummus
    Oatmeal with fresh fruit
    Zucchini , bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach sauté with chicken or mixed in with eggs
    Baked sweet potato
    Greek yogurt