1st day back in the gym after 5 week recovery from back injury

Options
"They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they? I always thought that's what they were"

- Rock Biter : The Never Ending Story

It was a challenging day, I had made so much progress, and today I saw how much I had lost.

We cannot dwell on the fact that we used to be so much stronger, "man I used to push 50's and now I'm struggling with 35's"

We have to look at this as a clean slate. It's time to rebuild, and rebuild perfectly from the mistakes I made prior. To ensure form is not compromised, that I'm squeezing everything out of every single rep I put in, to keep my heart rate regulated perfectly on that long cardio run.

It hurt today, but injuries are bound to happen. I'm not a body builder, and I have been 275lb most of my life up until a few years ago. It took a *kitten* load of work to get this far.

Discouraging and disheartening yes,...
But today is the new beginning of the new beginning. The only guarantee is to stop. That is the only absolute. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to kill it.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Glad you can workout again II your back doesn't limit you, you'll most likely be able to rebuild more quickly than it seemed today. Juse ppce yourself & be sensible. Your got this!