Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One day i woke up - and decided i want a new ME

Over the past 8 years i have been struggling with being obese, having a happy life and career i never noticed how big have i become, just enjoying life
But there were two turning points in my life that have left me to finally change and have a change of life - the grief of losing my father and my love partner over in a span of 11 months,
Now on my journey to being alone, loving myself and recovering from their loss have made me look at myself and my future better.
9ldrwnocnrnp.jpeg

Replies

• JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Just remember to do it for yourself. Don't stop if you find a new partner. Keep it up and life will be even more fun.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Sorry for your loss.

The day I decided to lose weight for ME, not an event, or by a date or for a vacation nor for a person - was a turning point for me. Its made this whole journey eyeopening.

Read the threads here, there's a lot of great information and best of luck!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. I went to dr may 1st just before my 40th bday. I wanted change. change for me. I changed what I ate I changed how I moved....and biggest of all I changed how I look at life and stress. loving my changes. you can do it!
  • I can't even imagine that kind of loss. To take control of your path while in the midst of that much pain is incredibly heroic. If you are in need of additional support on your weight loss journey, feel free to add! I have found having friends in this community makes all the difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!