Always UNDER no matter what!

Options

First, my total calories in are supposed to be 1530...and I can't seem to balance this wit what I'm eating...I either am under or way over.
Second, then when my fitbit adds my steps, that just makes it worse...I am then way under...
Does anyone have the same issue???

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What are you macros like? Lacking in any of them?

Are you full? Can't eat another bite? While you are under?

What is stoping you from eating a little more?

If you are under by a little maybe try some yogurt or nuts.

Under by heaps, peanut butter seems high calorie low quantity, so you can squeeze that in some where.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the fitbit. Does it not sync with your mfp account in real time? Or does it only sync when you log in to mfp? In any case, is your calorie burn from the fitbit somewhat consistent from day to day? If it is, you could apply your planning skills to be sure that you provide precisely enough calories to satisfy your needs. I suspect that with usage you will gain some familiarity with your calorie burns for your various activities.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Your FitBit device syncs with your phone periodically throughout the day (and any time you open the app on your phone). When it does that, MFP also gets the information.

So, your projected calorie burn keeps changing throughout the day. Once you've been using it for a while, though, you should have a sense of where your daily burn ought to end up - and eat to give yourself the right deficit relative to that number.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I personally don't have my fitbit synced to mfp for that reason, and just add exercise manually.

Can you open your diary, please?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    And how's your scale weight over time? How much are you losing weekly over the last 6 weeks? How much do you have to lose?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Fitbit extrapolates based on steps already taken so if you move at night and synch late it will increase your gross calories

It's not an issue unless the weight is falling off you at an exponential rate..is it?