Turkey neck and other issues

Options
13»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    You have had good feedback re turkey neck etc. I agree it will inprove with time- genetics dictates how much.

With regards to the bikini- get one now, wear it about the house so you get use to seeing yourself in it, and use to wearing it.
    When you do wear it pay attention to your posture- everything looks perkier if you stand and sit well.

Wear it like you own it.

Halter tops are a good choice, as mentioned above, but I find the twisted bandeau the most flattering for my sagging breasts.

Have a great honeymoon.

Cheers, h.
    ( I'm old, wear a bikini with a far from perfect body, and don't care what others think. Pics of bandeau style
    in my profile)
  • fmeneely
    fmeneely Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    how much is 3 stone?

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    fmeneely wrote: »
    how much is 3 stone?

A stone is 14 lbs, so 42 lbs total in 11 weeks. That's an excessively fast rate of loss.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Work out? do you lift? Lifting might help the chest tighten some. It depends. And losing weight slower helps.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I have all of this and more. I also feel fantastic, and clothes and supportive garments can do wonderful things. I'd rather have my health and this feeling more than anything. Even at 45, my doctor says if I give it time, there is still hope. There is also winning the lottery and having surgery. Honestly, I'd never go back, and I can live with a turkey waddle, deflated fun bags and all the rest. I feel GREAT, and I'm going to live longer (barring accidents) and better because of what I've done. Focus on that.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and marriage! Do some weight training, maybe body weight exercises and give it time. Enjoy your honeymoon, but i second a good push up bra for the bikini though. That's the only thing that gives my boobs some shape since loosing weight . As for turkey neck, it's probably not looking as bad to anyone else, as it does to you. We are our worst critics, so try not to worry too much about it.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I for one, am looking into plastic surgery. I can't handle this neck...if it's actually going to stop you from losing the rest of the weight and being happy and healthy, I'd at least check into it too.

Many doctors have a payment plan, to me it's worth the investment to reward myself for all the hard work.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    We all have flaws. I don't stress myself over them.

I think I'll take some loose skin and living longer with a better quality of life over being obese any day.