help with calories WF cranberry walnut roll please!

Options
I was wondering if anyone had tried to guess at the whole foods (from the self serve bakery) cranberry/walnut rolls? I forgot to weigh one when I had one yesterday. They are quite dense with little pieces of walnuts and cranberries. I asked at the bakery and they said they only had nutrition information on the cranberry walnut bread which is a large loaf and it's so hard to tell what they would even mean by a slice as it's up to you to determine slice thickness, and the slices in the center would be longer etc. I'm usually fairly confident at estimating but I really have no clue on this. I've googled around a bit and seen anything from a little over 100 calories to 400 calories so a huge difference!

I really love this roll with some sliced turkey, veggies and mustard but it's so hard to track!

Thanks very much!

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    If nutrition info isn't published, I boycott the store...

j/k, but not by much! I just use something similar from a reputable source like Panera, Trader Joes, etc. I found this one that looks pretty similar and has nutrition data:
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-harvest-bread-recipe
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    If you can't find the exact same thing, you can only find something similar and log that. A guesstimate every once in a while is better than nothing.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Estimate sensibly, log and move on. Life is too short to care about a 300 calorie discrepancy on 1 day.
  • sarahslayer
    sarahslayer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much! That does look very similar and since it has a weight, I should be able to figure out something similar next time I get the roll and weigh it.

GauchoMark wrote: »
    If nutrition info isn't published, I boycott the store...

j/k, but not by much! I just use something similar from a reputable source like Panera, Trader Joes, etc. I found this one that looks pretty similar and has nutrition data:
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-harvest-bread-recipe