Healthy recipes

Options
saberifard
saberifard Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hi my name is sara .I want to lose weight I need some advice regarding choice of healty meals for lunch and dinner.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat?
  • saberifard
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey thanks for ur reply I like everything before I use to ate a lot of salmon but I figure out it's not good for more than 2 times a week because of high cholesterol .i look for something simple and healthy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    saberifard wrote: »
    Hey thanks for ur reply I like everything before I use to ate a lot of salmon but I figure out it's not good for more than 2 times a week because of high cholesterol .i look for something simple and healthy.

salmon is actually good for reducing cholesterol...

IMO...prepare meals using mostly scratch, whole ingredients...this would include things like Salmon which are a good protein source and a source of healthy fats...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything, I just eat less of everything.

I never heard that eating too much salmon is a problem unless, of course, that is all you eat. LOL

http://www.skinnytaste.com

Read this.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The wonderful thing about eating healthy is that you can eat anything, and you should eat everything you like, in appropriate amounts for your body. The idea of healthy eating has unfortunately become perverted (like the fear of cholesterol, and salt, and fat, and carbs, and gluten, and sugar - theres's almost a new enemy every week), and crazy methods for losing weight crop up every year. This is a big business and some people get very rich and many people get sick and scared. (I was very sick and very scared because I believed in the propaganda and tried to eat like I was told.)

If you need to lose weight, you just have to eat a little less than you need to keep your current weight stable. Aim to eat as many different foods as possible, and mainly real food - fish (you like fish) and other seafood, meat and eggs, grains (often whole grains) and other starchy foods like potatoes, beans and lentils, vegetables and fruit (including berries), dairy, nuts and seeds, butter and oils. If you can cook, do that, if not learn how to. Everyday cooking can be simple, and home cooked food made well, from real food ingredients, is healthy.
  • saberifard
    Options
    Thanks for ur advice and website I will go through it now.