Starting a 70lb journey any advise or support gladly welcome

Laura13483
Laura13483 Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2016 in Getting Started
Hi I'm on day three of the MFP journey I lost about 50lb a few years back and have managed to slowly put most of it back on. Motivated to loose it again and get to goal... anyone who wants to go on the journey with me. add me ☺

Replies

• NamVetJim
    NamVetJim Posts: 51 Member
    Hello,
    Have patience and perseverance.
    I have just begun my journey to be 120 lbs lighter and healthier.
  • jenniebakermfp
    jenniebakermfp Posts: 1 Member
    I'm restarting my journey to rid myself of 50 pounds. I feel lost, but I'll get there. Slowly, but surely, I'll get there.
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 86 Member
    Laura13483 wrote: »
    Hi I'm on day three of the MFP journey I lost about 50lb a few years back and have managed to slowly put most of it back on. Motivated to loose it again and get to goal... anyone who wants to go on the journey with me. add me ☺

Hello, Laura! We are in a similar boat. I'm back at it again. Lost 80 lbs several years ago and slowly put it all back on. We can all do it!
  • mtlopez02
    mtlopez02 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm starting today and will join you. It'll be a slow but positive journey.
  • klm_01
    klm_01 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in the same boat. Years ago I loss 50lbs & gained it back plus some. Then I Loss 30lbs & gained it back again plus some. I'm on day 2 of my weight loss journey again and already feeling discouraged because I know I have even more weight to lose. We have to take it one day at a time and don't let a slip up here and there hinder our goals. I'm determined to get it off once and for all!
  • 1njen
    1njen Posts: 1 Member
    I too am in the same boat! I have put on 50lbs in the last 3 years (I needed to lose 20+lbs then ) I have been inspired to use this app again. This is day 3 for me. I'm managing to stay within my calorie limit. My problem is exercising. I have some health issues but, that's not going to stop me!
    Thank you for your inspiration! We can do this!!
  • Texasgirl38
    Texasgirl38 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm in the same boat as all y'all I have around 80 pounds to lose I know it can be done please feel free to add me I'm always looking for new friends
  • IonaEllenRose
    IonaEllenRose Posts: 24 Member
    Hey,
    Im similar, I want to lose 72lbs :) feel free to add me :)
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    Good Luck!

Meal prep and be mindful! you can do anything!

Feel free to add me!
  • nsavage15
    nsavage15 Posts: 8 Member
    No matter how many times you fall, always get back on track. You are always worth it!
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Feel free to add me if anyone wants, started my weightloss 7 months ago, 48lbs gone but wud like yo lose 70-80 altogether so a bit to go yet!!! Doing slimming world currently but basically just healthy eating... best of luck everyone, we can do this
  • 0309beYOUtiful
    0309beYOUtiful Posts: 11 Member
    Same here. I came back to MFP about a week ago and am 8 days into my journey to lose about 70 pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • mlorainew
    mlorainew Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! Seems like we're all in a very similar position! I have never really lost and kept off a significant amount of weight but whenever I hit double digits (10lbs and higher) I get comfortable, I mess up and I'm back to square one! Here I am again, at the begining, and I'm gonna need some support! I also have plenty to give back as well! I have 70lbs to lose and my journey starts now! Add me! Let's keep each other going to goal and beyond!
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    I'm in too. I'm mid-way through a 70 pound goal. It might be more than that- 70 will bring me to the top of the healthy bmi range. Anyway I've lost 43- some in fast spurts, some plateus in between. The consistent thing I'm doing is walking- 45 min a day. Therehave been days off but I aim for walking every day. Anyone with similar goals feel free to add me too! We got this!!
  • cgehweiler
    cgehweiler Posts: 3 Member
    I lost and have since gain back just about 30lbs. I have in mind smaller goals so I don't get frustrated and think it'll never happen but my gaol is 100lbs and I have to start sometime. So why not today!!? I could use some and would also love to be the motivator for someone else!!