Wireless earphones with great battery life

Options
I'm sick of my Jabra Sports. They're secure and fit great with a variety of earbuds, but the battery life is atrocious. Lucky to make it to 3.5 hours before it needs charging again, which in my case means every other day, sometimes daily charging and forget about longer hikes.

I'm looking for a decent replacement. My only requirements are that they don't fall out and that they have the longest battery life possible to be used for an average of 1-3 continuous listening hours a day without having to be charged daily. I'm not an audiophile and don't really care about bass and whatnot as I'm going to be using them mainly for audiobooks and podcasts, so if sound quality is somewhat sacrificed for a longer battery life I wouldn't mind. Oh and I also use an Android phone, so an iPhone-only device would not be a good fit. Price is not an issue. Any ideas?

Replies

• davepete57
    davepete57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bose Soundsport or Jaybird Freedom. Long battery life and they don't fall out when running or working out.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I recommend these all the time here, but Plantronics Backbeat Fit! They last me about 12 hours on a single charge, stay put, are water-resistant, and they allow a little ambient noise for outdoor safety (which was the biggest selling point for me.) They're Bluetooth so they're compatible with Android.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I will check these out. I have one question about the Plantronics. I've noticed it has a semi rigid construction that goes around the neck. I usually wear my hair in a braid, so would the weight of braid knock them out of my ears while running? 12 hours sounds like a dream.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I picked up a pair of Mpow Swift on Amazon for next to nothing a while back. Using them an average of an hour a day I have no issues, and have even used them on vacation for up to a week (45min - an hour a day) before being warned they were running low and needed a charge. They have worked actually so well I will probably buy another pair soon just to have a spare. Going on a year with my first pair and have no issues. Granted, I generally toss them on charge after every use, but I don't have to.
  • peleroja
    Options
    I will check these out. I have one question about the Plantronics. I've noticed it has a semi rigid construction that goes around the neck. I usually wear my hair in a braid, so would the weight of braid knock them out of my ears while running? 12 hours sounds like a dream.

It's not rigid, it's just like a thick headphone wire. I have heavy waist-length hair that I wear in a ponytail or braid when I run and have never had any issue with it.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i have just ordered some plantonics, so will post a report about how they feel for me when they arrive
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Hussar Magicbuds. I got mine from Amazon for $32 with prime. Regular price was $142.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I recommend these all the time here, but Plantronics Backbeat Fit! They last me about 12 hours on a single charge, stay put, are water-resistant, and they allow a little ambient noise for outdoor safety (which was the biggest selling point for me.) They're Bluetooth so they're compatible with Android.

But do they sound good? I prefer my beats thick and meaty, like my hamburgers.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I like my JBL Synchros Reflect BT Sport Wireless Headphones.
    They have about a 8 hr battery life (at least thats about what I get out of mine).
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I second/ third the Plantronics, they are amazing, sound quality is super and as mentioned they don't get in the way of my long hair!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Looking at the Plantronics again, the box said "made for iPhone, iPad and iPod" and "battery status . Anyone who used them with Android can vouch for connection and battery life?

Update: never mind, took the plunge and ordered already.
  • peleroja
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »

Because they are not noise-cancelling and allow ambient noise, the low end might not be to your liking. I find them as good or better as any of the other wireless headphones I've tried, though, in that respect. My running playlist is primarily, like...90s rap and pop remixes with a side of classic rock though, so I'm probably not the right person to ask because I don't really require studio-quality headphone to blast the Beastie Boys and Spice Girls.
  • c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Bose Soundsport earphones! They are a little pricey but they sound awesome and are super comfortable.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »

Because they are not noise-cancelling and allow ambient noise, the low end might not be to your liking. I find them as good or better as any of the other wireless headphones I've tried, though, in that respect. My running playlist is primarily, like...90s rap and pop remixes with a side of classic rock though, so I'm probably not the right person to ask because I don't really require studio-quality headphone to blast the Beastie Boys and Spice Girls.

Thanks!