Slow cooker/crock pot recipies?

Options
Sweet_Heresy
Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
Hey MFP!!
Just dug out my crock pot and made some delicious chicken chili...unfortunately, that's the only thing I can come up with, lol.

What are your favorite slow cooker recipies? I wanna try something new.

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I am super lazy, so I usually use the Campbell's slow cooker sauces or their skillet sauces.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Look into single-pot rice cooker recipes.
    I think they are often interchangeable.
  • kricard86
    kricard86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    chuck roast with carrots and potatoes!
  • bullheaded
    bullheaded Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Taco soup is my favorite, chili, vegetable soup
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @Sweet_Heresy I believe @RoxieDawn has the links posted above for the existing MFP Thread on Crock Pot Recipes.

Here is a Search of MFP for Crock Pot Recipes as posted by others.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Chicken, passata, spices (at the moment I favour cajun but any will do). Makes amazingly moist pulled chicken.
  • bgilmore427
    bgilmore427 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get aggravated by all the sodium in prepackaged seasonings, so I have been on a search for old school flavorings by mixing my own herbs. Even a can of chili beans is loaded with sodium!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP!!
    Just dug out my crock pot and made some delicious chicken chili...unfortunately, that's the only thing I can come up with, lol.

What are your favorite slow cooker recipes? I wanna try something new.

I'll share some of mine a bit later. :smiley: Always keep in mind Pinterest has some really great pins where you prepare, freeze and then cook later. So if you want to try to get a bunch done up all at once there's that.

I'll see if I can get back on tonight other wise I'll share over the weekend. I love my Crockpot, I think it'll be Chili this weekend because it's getting so chilly here! :wink:

What types are looking for? You just wanting Crockpot recipes, like in general?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I use my Pressure cooker instead of a crockpot to make stews, mock roasts, pull apart [meat selection], Bbq, steamed cakes, breads, jellies + canning ... I can use it to make almost anything really.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I get aggravated by all the sodium in prepackaged seasonings, so I have been on a search for old school flavorings by mixing my own herbs. Even a can of chili beans is loaded with sodium!

I've been wanting to share a bunch of mixes that I've found that work in place of soups etc. Instead of creme of Mushroom you make a powered mix and use a few tablespoons and mix it with water. Taco Seasoning etc.

I hear you on the sodium, Yikes!

I've come across a store brand of Diced no sodium tomatoes and No sodium Black and Pinto and Dark Kidney beans also no sodium. Sometimes I make my own but for when I don't it's great to know my whole Crockpot meal isn't full of sodium.

What mixes have you come up with yourself or discovered? :smiley:
  • Redneck_Mindy
    Redneck_Mindy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my slow cooker. It's nice to get home to a hot meal. One of my favorites is a recipe I got while on weight watchers for Hamburger Stew. Here's the link to the recipe. https://simple-nourished-living.com/slow-cooker-hamburger-stew-recipe/
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I like to use mine to cook a large pack of chicken breast to pull apart and use for a few days worth of dinners...use the chicken for tacos, chicken noodle soup, chicken sandwiches, chicken salad, etc.
  • SandraScala
    SandraScala Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I made chicken tacos yesterday so good. About 2 lbs of chicken breast (my where frozen), 1 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup taco seasoning. Mix the broth and seasoning together and put on top of chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours. So moist, will definitely make it again.