What foods have lots of carbs/healthy

Options
what food have lots of carbs in as I need to eat 4000 cal a day also what foods or how can I find good fats and whst other nutrients do I need to help gain weight

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

Also, healthy is defined by the entirity of ones diet, their body composition, exercise and genetics.

Nutrients don't make you gain calories do. So if you dont gain after 3 weeks add another 250 calories.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    carbs are not necesssarily high in calories. Alot of vegetables have carbs, yet they are low in calorie and have fiber. To be specific carbs and protein each have 4 calories per gram while fat has 9...so maybe you want high fat foods? If your just trying to eat 4,000 calories a big peanut butter sandwich with extra chunky nuts or maybe grab a giant hershey bar and just shove that sucker into the peanut butter. YUM.
  • aaron_kollmeyer
    aaron_kollmeyer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Learn to love rice. I try to cook a cup or two of rice a day. Substitute brown rice for white rice if you are not meeting your fiber requirements
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Carbs have nothing to do with 4000 calories...?
  • brizzlar
    brizzlar Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fabe1993 wrote: »
    what food have lots of carbs in as I need to eat 4000 cal a day also what foods or how can I find good fats and whst other nutrients do I need to help gain weight

Oats are your best option - great for the heart and blood sugar levels and excellent for weight gain.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Carbs - beans, peas, lentils, whole grains are healthy high carb foods
    Fat - nuts, avocado, olive oil, chicken fat
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Carbs - beans, peas, lentils, corn, whole unrefined grains are healthy high carb foods, any food made in nature that is a starch. Don't eat processed carbs.

Fat - nuts, avocado, olive oil - (if you want to gain weight, eat these every day)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    carbs - Rice, pasta, beans, potatoes, lentils, oats, bread, etc...
    fat - nuts and nut butters, cooking with good oils, avocados, dairy, etc

• valerie7999
    valerie7999 Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Try granola. Some granola a have 400-600 calories per cup. Wheat bread is good too. Nuts and nut butters have a lot of calories. Avacodos, whole milk, cheese, dark chocolate. It's still good to get protein too from meats, beans, dairy, and soy. You could try adding protein shakes too. You also need some fruits and vegetable. Fruit has a lot of carbs. 4000 calories does sound like a little much unless you are a big body builder or extremely underweight. Maybe start out smaller?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    4000 calories is a high goal so I assume you must be really heavy! All you need to gain weight at a sensible rate is a 250 calorie surplus, adequate protein (08-1g/lb) and a progressive training programme.
  • Fabe1993
    Fabe1993 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No I'm not heavy or big at all I'm 65kg ringing wet but I've been eating about 3000 on average calories a day can I ask if I eat loads of carbs but it doesn't add up to my calorie goal will it effect me putting on size and also I've been eating too unhealthy and I know high fat foods are good to gain but I want my kidneys and liver to work when I'm older so I also want to eat healthy even if it means eating more but what foods are healthy and also have lots of carbs and good fats and mainly cals
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All the foods!

http://pin.it/UFDV1gA
    I thought you'd like this Board on Pinterest...

If you are struggling to meet your daily goal, fill up with fatty foods.

Pour more oil based salad dressing on your salad.

Add double the butter or peanut butter to your bread.

Snack on full fat cheese.

All the nuts! Check the calorie load of cashews.

Marbled steak, chicken with the skin, bacon, salmon.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    No I'm not heavy or big at all I'm 65kg ringing wet but I've been eating about 3000 on average calories a day can I ask if I eat loads of carbs but it doesn't add up to my calorie goal will it effect me putting on size and also I've been eating too unhealthy and I know high fat foods are good to gain but I want my kidneys and liver to work when I'm older so I also want to eat healthy even if it means eating more but what foods are healthy and also have lots of carbs and good fats and mainly cals

Fats and proteins are healthy. Why do you feel they will prevent your kidneys or lover from staying healthy?

Also, if you weren't gaining on 3k, then move to 3300. Going to 4k will ensure huge amounts of fat gained which will have a bigger impact on healthy.
  • Fabe1993
    Fabe1993 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Like I said I've been eating unhealthy fats and foods all together so obv it will effect my liver/kidney hence y I need to eat healthier but lots of carbs and cal
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Like I said I've been eating unhealthy fats and foods all together so obv it will effect my liver/kidney hence y I need to eat healthier but lots of carbs and cal

If anything it would effect cholesterol, not kidney's/liver. Either way, work on getting unsaturated fats (nuts/avocados/legumes), whole grains/oats, fruits (high sugar ones if you want more calories) and veggies (especially starches).