How do you keep motivated?

Options
Hey all, first time posting!
How do you all keep motivated?!
ATM I'm just trying to keep my calories under control and I'll work up to exercising as often as I can (I have a toddler and a baby so can't find time ATM)

But I'm always forgetting to log and all sorts. I managed 30 days logging and that was it.

So, what do you do to keep motivated?

Replies

• juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am part of challenge groups that consist of other women who are just trying to improve their health and fitness. We are basically an online support and accountability network for each other. The groups are private so no one but the members can even find the groups. It is a safe place to go to ask questions, vent frustrations, and celebrate each others successes. I also make it part of my morning routine to log into MFP and log my workout and daily nutrition (I've got 2 sons and work full time, so I totally understand how hard it is to find time to take care of yourself). Feel free to add me here and ask me any questions you might have.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Can't count on motivation.
    It is habbit, discipline and determination that you need.
  • HungryHungrystepho
    Options
    Ask yourself the reasons you wanted to lose weight in the first place. For me, my mom is very overweight and started having weight related health problems and I didn't want to go through what she is going through.
    One day after eating too much cake (my sons birthday) I felt so sick and tired from the sugar crash that I couldn't get myself off the couch. I didn't want to be that mom. I wrote myself a letter describing the way that I felt that day. It still hangs on the wall as a reminder for myself when I feel unmotivated. I suppose your motivations can change as you go along your journey, but I don't ever want to forget the reasons I can't go back to that.
  • stationlouisa
    stationlouisa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I find it useful to have filled in all the details on my Profile page, ie. why I'm doing this? Why and what are my goals? Then everyday when I log in to update my diary I read these. Another good idea is to write these down and stick it on the fridge. As to exercise with a baby and a toddler, stick them in the pram and walk whenever and wherever you can. I have lost 10kg just walking. Good luck and keep at it.
  • Grathiael
    Grathiael Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The fact that it helps me keep track and be mindful is enough motivation for me.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Some very insightful comments!
    Definitely taking them on board!
  • krissy5686
    krissy5686 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    On my more difficult days, I take a look at a pair of pants I wore at my heaviest or a picture of me at that weight. Then I have a good reminder of why I kicked my butt into gear. Sometimes the visual helps.