Any ideas/ recipes for lower carb meals?

Options
melissa_34
melissa_34 Posts: 3 Member
My macros always seem to be over for carbs. Not carb restricting, just looking for a better balance. Thanks

Replies

• f1wal
    f1wal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower mash.
    Lettuce leaf hot dogs
    Curry and naan bread, no rice
  • yasento
    yasento Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    egg muffins
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    omelets, spaghetti squash in place of noodles or rice in any type of dish, chicken enchiladas, Greek chicken, steak and roasted veggies, turkey meatloaf, stuffed peppers/stuffed cabbage, fish tacos, grilled salmon on a salad, pork chops with roasted apples and onions (on spaghetti squash)
  • elizabethkuba517
    Options
    I'm experimenting making my own fried rice with cauliflower ..
  • cynthiaradams11
    cynthiaradams11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I restrict breads, rice, pasta and look on pinterest for recipe inspiration. There are a ton of easy to make and tasty recipes out there for low carb meals. Good luck!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    As I am trying to stay as Paleo as possible, I often use a bed of greens as a base for things like chili, stew, even pasta sauces, instead of rice or pasta.

If you Google 'Paleo', you will find more low carb recipes than you could cook in three lifetimes...
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Egg Single, Personal Gouda & White Cheddar Omelet.

229 Calories

1 egg, Free from Brown Eggs Grade A Extra Large Omega-3 1 doz
    0.66 TBSP (14g), Pure Irish Butter 8 OZ (227g)
    0.50 oz, Blarney Castle Cheese Gouda Style Chunk 100% Natural 7 oz bar
    0.50 Slices, Vermont Cheddar Cheese White Sliced 8 oz pkg
  • Tenietsha
    Tenietsha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try experimenting with a few Quinoa recipies online.
  • akelarae
    akelarae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like italian sausage with onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook that together and then add a bag of cabbage slaw and let it cook down. Really low cal and carb. If you want it to go a little further you can add some cooked quinoa. It's like a meaty stir fry.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Less bread. Less pasta.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Pick your protein. Pick the vegetables you want to eat with it. Cook them.
  • akroach7
    akroach7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use a low carb, high fat diet to keep my diabetes in check and lose weight. Here's some meals off the top of my head:
    I make taco shells from provolone cheese slices in oven and let crisp over wooden spoon to make into taco shape.
    I use a Vegetable Spiral Slicer (sold on amazon) for spaghetti. Or use a potato peeler. Use Alfredo sauce, meat sauce, meatballs, or whatever sauce, etc.
    I use pork rinds in a food processor and make it into a fine power. Put Parmesan cheese and seasoning into the mixture. Use for chicken nuggets, chicken coating, meatloaf, meatballs, etc.
    Chili: ground beef, onions, garlic, bell peppers, stewed tomatoes, Seasoning to your liking: chili powder, cumin, Tabasco, etc. (no beans)
    Pizza: cauliflower crust, coconut flour crust, etc.
    Burgers: with cheese and bacon. Plain or in a lettuce wrap.
    Mashed cauliflower, riced cauliflower, fried rice, beef n gravy (a little xanthan gum for thickener) with cauli rice.
    I don't eat breads very often. But, when I do I use coconut flour, almond flour, flax flour and psyllium fiber. I like to make a corn bread one to go with the chili. (no corn in it), a cheesy garlic bread sticks and a focaccia one for sandwiches (grilled cheese, yum!)
    After 3 days of no sugar, your body won't go through the mad cravings for it. But, for special occasions, I use Swerve sugar replacement. It's made from Erythritol. Comes in granular and powered forms. It doesn't effect my blood sugar and doesn't have an after taste. There's also "Just like sugar" Brown sugar. Made from Chicory Root. I'm going to try it on my ham for Christmas dinner.
    I don't use aspartame, or splenda because I'm sensitive to them.
    My favorite drink is water. But, for a treat I will drink grapefruit flavored La Croix. 0 carbs, 0 calories, 0 everything!
    My favorite place for free recipes and advice is http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/ She is a nutritionist and genius!!
    I want her to adopt me!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I make a zucchini lasagna.. bottom layer zucchini slices thin next layer raos sauce low carb ..then fat free ricotta cheese and some ground chicken ..repeat 2 x put fresh fat free or part skim mozzarella cheese on top and bake ..so good ..

I made one of these last week except I made bolognese sauce with beef and in my pressure cooker. Finished it in the oven layered up. Mmm so good.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

My rec for this is to not pre-cook the cauli. Just rice it with your processor or whatever and throw it in with the veg and use as little liquid as possible. Once it gets mushy it's all over. It's the last thing I throw in to the stir fry.
  • naldinger
    naldinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Ive done this. Its yummy. Just give it some love with spices, it can be bland if not.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Tenietsha wrote: »
    Try experimenting with a few Quinoa recipies online.

Quinoa is high carbs...