ready to feel proud!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is missy, I am 24 yrs old and im a hairstylist. For most hairstylists its really hard to be active throughout the day because you are usually standing in one place the whole time. So I hired a personal trainer for about 8 weeks. Well unfortunately that didnt go as well as i had hoped just because i wasnt getting in enough cardio and i was building muscle quickly so i was feeling like I was bulking up (mainly in my thighs and butt area.) At the beginning of the eight weeks i was 119 and my body fat percentage was 18.4. I know that is ideal but I just wanted to tone my body which to me meant reduce fat and gain a little muscle. well at the end of the eight weeks i was 125 and my body fat percentage was 18.7. i was very discouraged because I had gained 6lbs and my body fat percentage was higher. however my trainer reassured me I was not eating enough calories so my body was going into starvation mode and was holding on to everything i was taking in. so thats when I joined my fitness pal. It is really easy for me to put in what i ate and it calculate everything for me to keep me on track of making sure im eating enough because with my job, I dont really get breaks. Since Ive started this program I can already see the change in my body and have lost about 3lbs. Im very excited to accomplish my goals once and for all.

Replies

• kitonlyhuman
    kitonlyhuman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! On everything actually. So many people just feel like they can choose one specific way to alter their body without realizing that they are making life decisions. Everyone has a balance, and you are still working on yours. =)

Welcome.