300 Calorie Lunches

MadCatLady302
MadCatLady302 Posts: 16 Member
Hi everybody.

I've just bought a load of meal prep containers and I'm looking for some inspiration for 300 calorie lunches. I DO eat meat and I'd like a good mix of protein, veggies and healthy carbs and fats. I do NOT eat fish as I do not like the taste.

Please post your pictures! :smiley:

Thanks

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I don't have pictures (my phone camera is so busted), but some of the lunches I eat for between 250-350 calories are...

Deli turkey or ham and a thin slice of cheese on a sandwich thin, side salad of spinach and tomatoes with yogurt dressing
    Same sandwich, side of baby carrots and sliced tomatoes with hummus
    Tuna on a salad of spinach, tomatoes, pickled beets, and avocado with a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkling of dill
    Tuna salad (tuna, 1tbsp light mayo, mustard and relish to taste) on a sandwich thin, side of raw cut vegetables
    Smoked salmon and cream cheese/Laughing Cow on rice cakes, sliced tomatoes on the side
    Shrimp cocktail and steamed broccoli
    Egg-salad (one hardboiled egg, same condiments as tuna salad, teeny-tiny sprinkle of nutmeg) sandwich thin, side salad or raw vegetables
    Cut up vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, celery, radishes, cucumbers) with lots of hummus and a couple soft-boiled eggs
    Canned soup, possibly with some frozen broccoli or cauliflower thrown in (am lazy)

Basically I try for a decent amount of protein, a reasonable amount of fat, and tons of vegetables for bulk.
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    Chicken breast on a 1/2 cup of brown rice with Broccoli and green beans.
    - can be seasoned with salt and pepper, teriyaki sauce, salsa, lemon pepper, dill, or anything else to switch up the flavor.
    -
    I make a BOMB egg salad with 2 eggs, 2 tbs greek yogurt, celery, carrots, pickles and pepper. either eaten with celery sticks (LOW CAL days) or on crackers (Carb Days)
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Check out Skinnytaste.com. She has tons of recipes that are really good. My lunch this week is this topped with some nonfat Greek yogurt as a sub for sour cream. It puts me just over 300 cals for lunch (leaving the cheese out of the recipe - I'd rather have the yogurt on top).

http://www.skinnytaste.com/one-pot-cheesy-turkey-taco-chili-mac/
  • MadCatLady302
    MadCatLady302 Posts: 16 Member
    Brilliant, thanks :)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    I'm having skinny taste slow cooker 3-bean turkey chili + shredded cheddar cheese today. We also really liked the slow cooker taco chicken chili, which I believe was also under 300 calories.

Both were quite filling :)
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    This week I made a ton of "mexican" salad to eat for my lunches. For variety, I can throw this mix on top of an egg, into a tortilla, with some spanish rice, or just by itself. I try to eat as much raw veggies as possible.
    Kale
    quinoa
    black beans
    avocado
    roasted corn
    tomato
    cucumber