Chinese takeaway

Options
cxeex
cxeex Posts: 121 Member
It's my treat day today so am having a Chinese. I still don't want to be too naughty. So, what's the best option to go for?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Look for something that has lots of veggies. Skip anything with batter dipped meat. Skip sweet & sour sauces. Choose steamed rice and only eat a small portion.

Chicken & broccoli or moo goo gai pan are my favorites.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I always get the plain steamed protein and veggies (chicken and broccoli is my favorite), and then add my own sauce at home.
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    steamed protein and veggies, sauce on side. Hot and sour soup.
  • skellymama1
    skellymama1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Foo yung is good, or prawn chop suey with boiled rice. Half portions of your favourite is also a good way to enjoy Chinese treat.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Get your protein and a veggie mix steamed and order the sauce in a cup
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The healthiest Chinese food you can order is generally steamed, boiled or braised. Steamed whole fish or fish fillet w/ginger and green onions and boiled chicken are 2 that come to mind.

Only problem w/the boiled chicken is the hot oil that they usually pour on top of it b4 service and the browned salt or salt/ginger or green onion oil dip that they serve w/it.

Most sauteed dishes, including fried rice, use a lot of oil which is very high in calories. Even a veggie dish like shitaki mushrooms and bok choy will be heavily sauteed in oil.

An exception would be clams w/black bean sauce which should not contain much if any oil. Clay pot dishes are also a good bet.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I usually get Chili Prawns. Yummy prawns, lots of veg and the sauce is usually pretty light.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    What defines a "treat day"?
  • cxeex
    cxeex Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What defines a "treat day"?

1 day a week where one meal is a "treat"