Losing BF% and help using app

Hi all

New to the app, I'm looking to lower my BF%, I'm struggling with setting my macros, I'm currently sat at 82kg, would love to stay around this weight whilst dropping BF, I seem to be struggling and reached a plateau and recommended the app but
every time I try to input into app it seems high calorie intake to me, I must be messing up some where, any help would be appreciated. Lee

Body composition as of today

ns25bizkg6vp.jpg

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    What are your stats? How many cals is mfp giving you?
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I set my protein at 30% of calories.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    You won't know what your calories are until you eat at a certain level for a period of weeks - then you fine tune as required.
    Why does the calorie estimate, whatever it is, (which is plus exercise calories remember) seem high if you haven't already been logging? You clearly aren't a sofa surfer!

Calories are king for maintaining your weight - macros are a very minor player. Personally when I'm logging I like 1g protein / 1lb of estimated lean mass, fat at roughly 0.4g / 1lb of bodyweight - both as minimums and fill rest of calorie allowance however suits you on the day. Far more flexible for long term adherence than fixed percentages.

For body composition changes it all starts with your training - macros again a minor player as long as your diet is adequate.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    sllm1 wrote: »
    I set my protein at 30% of calories.

Age, height, weight, activity level, current work out routine, calories currently eaten, weight loss so far...?