4' 11" and unsure of goal weight

Options
Hi,

I'm 31, 4' 11", size 18/20 (UK), weigh 221lbs and busty.

Last year I lost 28lbs, started at a tight-ish size 20, ended at a comfortable size 18, I have since re-gained 19lbs. I thought I read somewhere that most women drop a dress size every 10-14lbs and I only dropped one dress size for a 28lbs loss. Which I don't understand.

Anyway, I set my goal weight to 119lbs, only because that is within the healthy range on the BMI chart, the top end of healthy, but as many others I don't rate the BMI chart that much. I have no idea what weight or dress size I want to get to, to look how I want to look. I don't want to be skinny, I'd love to be slim but curvy, almost like Kelly Brook and Holly Willoughby.

So, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Also, if anyone feels comfortable enough I'd be super grateful if you 4' 11"/5' ladies could post a pic of yourself and your weight/dress size for me, so I can get an idea of what I want to weight that way. Obviously, I know everyone's shape/size differs, but I figure it will give me some idea.

I def want to set a goal weight rather than just waiting to see what I feel comfortable at as I want to have some idea of a goal date and I want to have something to work to on paper.

Thanks <3

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about goal weight.
    Worry about body fat%.

Shoot for 25% or as low as 17%.

Lift weights or do resistance training.
    Walk 10k steps a day.
    Sleep 8 hours a night.
    Eat 70% clean.

>>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet<---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'1" and busty (no *kitten*-bummer) my weight sits between 124-128 these days. I lowered my goal to 118, but just don't think I'm that committed right now. There are pic's in my profile you can look at if you'd like. I'm a size 4-6 these days. Good luck.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    If you really, really HAVE to have a goal weight, (which I can understand, as it's something to work towards) then set your goal higher than your BMI recommendation, say 130lb. Then when you get there, see how you feel. Goals are not static; you can always change it.

Although what Dan said is very true, BF% is a much better goal to work toward.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'1" not much taller than you. And I know how you feel, we show every ounce of weight that we have on our bodies. It is not fair, but it is what it is, and we have to deal. I started kind of like you, I was in a size 20, very tight nonetheless. Now 58 pounds later I wear a size 12 comfortably. As far as a goal weight for me, I am not so sure. But I do know that I have a goal size of a 5. I have a tendency to weigh a little more than I look, considering I have adequate muscle tone. If I had to guess at a proper goal weight for you it would probably be around 115 pounds. But that also depends on your age, and body composition as well. If I were you, I would just base it on how you feel, and how you perceive what you see staring back at you in the mirror. If you are comfortable when you get to 150, so be it. Or whatever it may be. Good luck!
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am shorter than you, a lil bit; I'm more like 4'7", but I like to pretend that I'm 4'9". :)
    You can friend me, if you'd like, and check out my before and after pictures that I have in my profile. In the "before" picture I was 130-135 lb. The last "after" was taken at 108 lb. I'm 105 lb right now. Shooting for 100 as ideal. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
  • mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    9307882958_8b907e2c64_m.jpg

Never added a pic before so I'm not sure if this will work but in the photo I was 50kg/110 pounds size 6-8 (NZ). I am 4'11.

Hope that helps you :)
  • theplumgirl
    Options
    Hey I'm 5 ft nothing and I don't go off weight just how my clothes are fitting etc etc..I'm around a size 10 now (Australian) and I'm happy with that...such a personal thing though...
  • gemsicles
    gemsicles Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks everyone. For me, right now I want to work towards goal weight rather than BF%, but thank you for the advice. I have other reasons for wanting to focus on the weight rather than BF% as well. Not saying I will rule it out forever, just for now.

I have been looking through old posts on here and came across a lady who is 5' and weighed 122lbs at the time and she looked kind of how I would like to look. So I think I am going to set my goal to 125lbs, so I have a goal weight to work to, but then as suggested see how I feel once I get there.

Thanks snejkaxo, I'm going to friend you now. :)

Thanks again everyone! <3
  • gemsicles
    Options
    mudmonkeyonwh - Thanks for posting a pic, I really appreciate it.

Thanks!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you know your current body fat %, you can go here: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/ and put in your current body weight and current body fat, then what you would like your body fat to be. Given that you keep the same LBM, it will give you a goal weight. I usually recalculate mine every 10 pounds...
  • Yvesigg
    Yvesigg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5 ft 1 and starting weight 130 lbs. pictures taken today in my profile. Would like to lose 11 lbs. I am curvy but not toned.
  • gemsicles
    Options
    Yvesigg - Thanks, I had a look, you are pretty much how I want to be, so I think my new goal of 125lbs is probably about right.
  • CoffeeLush
    CoffeeLush Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Gemsicles, we are about identical. My starting weight was 125, size 18/20 and I'm 4'11. (I'm also 27, so we are a hop and a skip away).

My initial goal weight is 140. The lowest I have ever weighed was 140 and I loved my body at the time. I figure once I get there, I can reassess and decide what my ultimate goal weight will be.
  • gemsicles
    Options
    Hey CoffeeLush!, my twin, lol!. I hope I feel great at 140 too.
  • JorisSt
    Options
    You can also change the goal during the diet weeks... if you lose weight quickly you can say i want to lose 10lbs extra if it doesnt go by plan you can lower it... its important that you change your lifestyle and that you can keep doing your diet.
    Most people start with a 100% diet plan and after a couple of weeks they are so tired of it that they quit.

Joris S.
    weightloss-tips.eu
  • hayalaham
    Options
    Hey!

I don't know how about you went losing that weight earlier but if you didn't lift and mostly did cardio, then a lot of the weight was probably muscle mass which is why you didn't go down to your expected dress size. I suggest lifting heavy, it will help lose stored fat while gaining lean muscle allowing you to look more petite!

I am 5ft. 125lbs. I wear a size 6-8 in dress but that's because I have a fairly large butt and bigger breasts (pretty sure a 34E).

http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/626/761/13626761_1306.jpg

I want to be around 110-115 lbs, but those are just numbers and ultimately I'm looking at my reflection in the mirror to see how I like my body.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about goal weight.
    Worry about body fat%.

Shoot for 25% or as low as 17%.

Lift weights or do resistance training.
    Walk 10k steps a day.
    Sleep 8 hours a night.
    Eat 70% clean.

>>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet<---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<

Listen to this dude. He knows his stuff :)
  • wanttobefree2013
    Options
    4ft 11
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 4"11.5 , and am currently between 115-120, I'm a uk size 8. I did get down to 110lbs, but my body fat was really high, so I'm focusing on dropping body fat, rather than a scale weight, as I find i get way too fixated on the scale, and even at 110 I was really unhappy with my body.

Edited for spelling.
  • littlelauras
    littlelauras Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 foot 11 too. It is hard because my goal weight seems drastically lower than that of my friends who are taller. I'm currently 128 and think I have at LEAST 10lbs more to lose before I even think about a goal weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!