I think it was a compliment???

Options
So I just finished a work out video and as I am walking by my father (who lives with me) he informs me that my *kitten* isn't as big anymore.... I think that was a compliment but Wow...what a way to put it.

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yes it was a compliment! Some parents aren't very tactful. One of mine never seems happy with what I look like. I'm either too fat, now to skinny and also "flat". I should gain enough weight back to have a chest:) Like I care about that after all my hard work to get there!
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I have a hard time when people "compliment" me. I never know if its truly a compliment or if I just have such a wall up because I have struggled with my weight for 1/2 my life. I have to flat out ask my mom not to mention my weight loss, which she still does pretty much everyday. For example today she said "and you aren't even fat anymore"...........it kinda bugged me! Just try your best to brush it off and not take it personal. People aren't always tactful when trying to give compliments.
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Your dad is adorable. Take those compliments any way you can get them. Congrats on the smaller *kitten*.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Gotta love parents!! haha ... Just take it as a compliment and walk away! =)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    How adorable! Absolutely a compliment - probably from someone who does not dish them out very often. Sure wish my Dad was alive to give me a compliment - he would be proud!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Men.....eyeroll........

When I had lost 20 pounds my husband could have simply said "You look good honey!" But NOooooo he said "How much weight have you lost?"
    "20 POUNDS!!!" I reply
    "Oh that's all? That is nuttin!" he says

Well he gets the :angry: :mad: :explode: :grumble: for 2 days.......and finally asks me what is wrong. I tell him and he is :noway: "What I MEANT is you didn't have that much to lose in the first place!!'

Men...............eyeroll........:laugh: :laugh:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Yes, definitely a compliment...in an Archie Bunker kind of way! Take it and run with it!:flowerforyou: Hey, he noticed!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    definitely a compliment...even if it is a backhanded one! :) i always think its funny who notices and how they bring it up...at my brother's graduation party i had two of my uncles comment! i never thought that they would be the ones to notice...since men are so commonly not observant, i feel that if they are noticing that it is a big deal :)
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Sorry to laugh but gotta love your pops! And yes it was a compliment!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Sorry to laugh but gotta love your pops! And yes it was a compliment!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Most of us fellas don't notice things, and even if we do we don't think to verbalize them. I'd say that's an awesome compliment!
  • Barb29
    Barb29 Posts: 5
    Options
    That's a Dad for you!!!!!
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    Parents are funny but look at it like this....you still have them!! My dad passed several years ago and I'd love for him to make a comment like that! LOL Good job and keep it up!!
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    lol...I can just hear my father saying the same thing to me. This really is a compliment from the ones that love us most.
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    Yeah coming from a male who's your dad equals compliment
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It was, dad's usually don't have a filter.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I just finished a work out video and as I am walking by my father (who lives with me) he informs me that my *kitten* isn't as big anymore.... I think that was a compliment but Wow...what a way to put it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blunt and to the point he is :laugh:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It certainly is a compliment! Go Girl! :flowerforyou:

My friend only noticed my 20lb loss when I stood up infront of him..."woah Nat...are you losing weight? Your *kitten* has disapeared"

Needless to say, my boyfriend wasn't totally impressed with his subtle statement! :flowerforyou: