When to eat or not eat.

Options
Since June 16th, I have lost 34 lbs. I was restricting calorie intake and working out at the gym.

But I have had some back problems, so I have not gone to the gym in a few weeks.

Here is the question:
Given that I am allowed 1450 calories a day for weight loss, can I eat in the morning (IE. 2 eggs and a few pieces of well cooked bacon)?

Then, around 2 or 3, can I eat for example, a chicken breast and green beans...even though I am not hungry? I want to eat so that I am eating enough each day, but I want to eat early so that I am not going to bed with all that food in me at nighttime. I would rather have a few radishes before bed instead of the larger chicken/beans meal.

Appreciate any feed back.

Thanks,

Bob

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Timing of meals is personal preference. There is nothing wrong with going to bed with a full stomach, but if it's your preference, that's fine too. Find what works for you.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    You can eat anytime you want-meal timing/frequency is a preference thing. Just stick to your allotted calories and then eat whichever way fits best with your schedule/lifestyle.
  • hydrostation
    hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I followed a morning fasting routine for about 6 months, and it was torture without results. I have also found that meal timing is irrelevant. A better way to look at it is your "weekly intake" over the course of a week. Your body doesn't care about when you eat day/night, but it does care about it's totals over the course of a week.

As mentioned above, it's all about finding the right timing for your convenience and comfort. Just maintain your calorie deficit and you'll be good to go.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    If your not hungry dont force yourself to eat.....I can't imagine anyone here can tell you what your body needs only it can. If your really not hungry don't eat. If your consistently well below your calories id question it. Still absolutely nothing wrong with going to bed with food in your stomach.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has no effect on weight loss. It is your overall calorie deficit that counts.
  • rpw733
    rpw733 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your quick responses...guess I will go back to normal eating at early evening (instead of raddishes ha ha)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I love radishes, but not sure I would choose them as an evening snack. :smile:
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    If your not hungry dont force yourself to eat.....I can't imagine anyone here can tell you what your body needs only it can.

Unless your body is incompetent at this task, as mine is, and gets hungrier the more you eat, and less hungry the less you eat.

Is ridiculous but I don't think I'm the only one with this issue.