Nutrients and Macros - How do they affect weight loss?

Options
Hello!

Im not really a fan of counting Macros/Nutrients, but recently I have been quite curious about them. I have heard from numerous people that meeting Macros/Nutrient goals are priorities and come before calorie counting, however, I was curious as too how much I might need in a day.

I am a Sedentary male (Job usually involves sitting and working on a computer, designing, etc.) But I do walk around quite a bit (average about 4000 steps a day.) I've come to believe that I need 130g Carbs, 30g Fat and 40g Protein per day to lose weight, however, sometimes, due to the heavy-carb foods I consume, go over the limit. My question is, does this affect weight loss? For example, some days I manage to log 160g of Carbs, while keeping within my caloric range, will this affect my weight loss and how?

Also one more thing - Sugar. Apparently I consume a lot of sugar everyday (mostly because I am a fruit fanatic) and sometimes log over 50g of sugar just from having apples, grapes and yoghurt everyday! How much of sugar is necessary for weight loss? Or does it affect weight loss at all?

Note that all the scenarios mentioned above are within my caloric range.

All responses will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Calories are the be all and end all of weight loss. Macronutrients are up to how you feel with different levels. I perform well on high protein and medium fats&carbs but others like low carb.

Stick to your calorie goal, play around with macros to find what you can stick to, enjoy losing weight.