Muscle and training

Options
Hi there I have just turned 18 and I am a semi pro footballer. I train 3 days a week moderate to high intensity for around 12 hours. I go to the gym 1 day a week for an hour. I am looking to gain weight as I am tall 6 ft 2 and skinny build 11 st 1. I need a programme that I can do at home with no weights that will help me gain size/ muscle mass. I also need food ideas and a plan if possible
Any advise taken on bored thanks

Replies

• cocoradical
    cocoradical Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go to YouTube or google and learn about bodyweight training
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    chrriis971 wrote: »
    Hi there I have just turned 18 and I am a semi pro footballer. I train 3 days a week moderate to high intensity for around 12 hours. I go to the gym 1 day a week for an hour. I am looking to gain weight as I am tall 6 ft 2 and skinny build 11 st 1. I need a programme that I can do at home with no weights that will help me gain size/ muscle mass. I also need food ideas and a plan if possible

You train for 12h 3x a week for football.
    What are the limiting factors you not naturally getting bigger?

Let's unpack this a little.
    Some metabolic math has your BMR around 1900 +/-.
    With that activity you really could hit the upper limits of 3000-3200kcal a day and allow the hormones of an 18 year old to do its job.
    Add in calisthenics training like Brooks Kubiks Dinosaur bodyweight training or Convict Conditioning for 30 mins on off days would see you getting a little bigger and more explosive.

During the three days of training, is it just field work? Or are you wright training at all in school?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

As a semi-pro don't you have access to any form of training/coaching/information rather than an internet forum?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

As a semi-pro don't you have access to any form of training/coaching/information rather than an internet forum?

Depends. He mentioned his weight in Stone, so I am assuming he plays British/European Football. Many semi-professional players do not get Club support from the onset. Less so, if they are imported talents or are in development squads.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Depends. He mentioned his weight in Stone, so I am assuming he plays British/European Football. Many semi-professional players do not get Club support from the onset. Less so, if they are imported talents or are in development squads.

I have played 2 sports at club and 1 at National level (also from the UK) and received training/nutrition plans from coaches every time.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Good to know Trigden1991. :) Wonder what his situation is though.
  • chrriis971
    chrriis971 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

You train for 12h 3x a week for football.
    What are the limiting factors you not naturally getting bigger?

Let's unpack this a little.
    Some metabolic math has your BMR around 1900 +/-.
    With that activity you really could hit the upper limits of 3000-3200kcal a day and allow the hormones of an 18 year old to do its job.
    Add in calisthenics training like Brooks Kubiks Dinosaur bodyweight training or Convict Conditioning for 30 mins on off days would see you getting a little bigger and more explosive.

During the three days of training, is it just field work? Or are you wright training at all in school?
    We only go to the gym once a week for 1 hr and a half and thanks for the information

• chrriis971
    chrriis971 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Hi there both of you if you played at conference level fair play mate