Gained 400grams in my first week! Thought I was doing everything right. So disappointed. HELP PLEASE

Options
After one week of counting every single thing I eat, going for walks every day, I was feeling great and my stomach is much less bloated, I thought I would have lost at least 1kg but when I weighed myself I had gained 400 grams! How did this happen?? Please help me, I'm so determined and don't know what I've done wrong

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you are weighing at the same time and under the same conditions, typically first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating.
  • shanimay23
    shanimay23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the reality checks and tips, I really appreciate it!
  • applesandtapeline
    applesandtapeline Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Give it time and don't stess over the scale and numbers.
    If anything, it's the inches lost that counts. Getting smaller in clothes you wear daily, etc.

It takes atleast two weeks to jump start a weight loss. You gained in much longer period of time, so why to expect to lose in just few days..?

Just be accurate, disciplined and patient.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    No biggie, OP. I can gain more than that just by drinking a large glass of water..
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    shanimay23 wrote: »
    After one week of counting every single thing I eat, going for walks every day, I was feeling great and my stomach is much less bloated, I thought I would have lost at least 1kg but when I weighed myself I had gained 400 grams! How did this happen?? Please help me, I'm so determined and don't know what I've done wrong

That is a very small gain. Your weight can naturally fluctuate. You can retain water from a variety of causes. It is unlikely that the scale will show a loss every single week.
    Never freak out over one weigh in. Look at changes over time. If you are not losing after 3+ weeks make changes.
  • Picoides
    Picoides Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Everyone else has given great answers already so just wanted to share my experience back in my first couple of weeks. I had a similar thing happen as you had (felt I was doing everything right but saw a big jump on the scale). Turned out I was getting my period a week early and it was all water weight.

I've lost 11 lbs over the last 2.5 months but that's with lots of ups and downs. My weight fluctuates up and down by as much as a couple of pounds, especially if I've eaten a lot of carbs or salty foods the previous day (or at my TOM).
  • shanimay23
    shanimay23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys I really appreciate it!