I have the "feels" now...

Options
Sometimes you just gotta vent. Since I have posted a few times on different postings, I guess someone thought they should insult me for giving sound advice to people. See, someone sent me a PM asking me how did I, as a woman, develop man arms. I must take steroids. Eeesshhhh! It hurts people. It hurts.

TGIF! Happy Veterans' Day!

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    That was a cruel remark, I'm sorry. Your arms look great in your profile picture -- you must have worked really hard!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    People are idiots sometimes -.-
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    That was a cruel remark, I'm sorry. Your arms look great in your profile picture -- you must have worked really hard!

It was cruel, but I was merely just making "lite" of the situations you can find yourself in on this site. Hope you are having a great day! And thanks for your kind words! :)
  • laurens47
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    People are idiots sometimes -.-

Well yes, this is true. I giggled. It didn't really hurt my feelings. However, these are the type of messages that people can get that can discourage someone. It's social media. It happens but why come at me bro?!
  • worsthorse
    worsthorse Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of idjits on the boards. it is too bad there's no melt-their-monitor-in-a-blaze-of-fire emoticon to use when needed. btw, all the work you do in the gym shows. good for you!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    man arms? lol I want some man arms,mine are sticks. :)
  • laurens47
    Options
    worsthorse wrote: »
    there are a lot of idjits on the boards. it is too bad there's no melt-their-monitor-in-a-blaze-of-fire emoticon to use when needed. btw, all the work you do in the gym shows. good for you!

Haha! Indeed! It didn't really bother me, as this dude was pretty ignorant. However, it could discourage someone else. Thanks for your compliment as well!
  • laurens47
    Options
    This reminds me of the meme I saw recently, that pictured a woman seated on a bench with a weight in one hand, that said, "A guy once told me I look like a man. I told him that if he lifted heavier, he could, too."

For next time...

Yes! Exactly!
  • laurens47
    Options
    man arms? lol I want some man arms,mine are sticks. :)

Lol! Right on!! :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    laurens47 wrote: »
    Sometimes you just gotta vent. Since I have posted a few times on different postings, I guess someone thought they should insult me for giving sound advice to people. See, someone sent me a PM asking me how did I, as a woman, develop man arms. I must take steroids. Eeesshhhh! It hurts people. It hurts.

Really? How pathetic of them? Why let crap like that get to you when you have kickass guns? ;)

I fully support women lifting (see my avatar! ;) )

And, you should really screen shot the message and send it to the mods.
    worsthorse wrote: »

It's not fair to bring in "a lot of" when it was one ONE person through a PM.
  • laurens47
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    I like you arms. They are just jealous.
    When in doubt, choke 'em out. ;)

Thank you! And yes. He doesn't even lift. ;)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    I like you arms. They are just jealous.
    When in doubt, choke 'em out. ;)

Thank you! And yes. He doesn't even lift. ;)

It's strange that men say this to women lifting. A good friend of mine gets comments like this at her gym. She lifts as much and even more than a lot of men. :D
  • laurens47
    edited November 2016
    Options

Really? How pathetic of them? Why let crap like that get to you when you have kickass guns? ;)

I fully support women lifting (see my avatar! ;) )

And, you should really screen shot the message and send it to the mods.

Thank you!! I love to push women to accomplish things that they didn't think were possible or that they didn't even consider! It honestly didn't bother other than the fact that he was passing off inaccurate information and that he wanted to personally insult someone he doesn't know, other than myself.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There are many reasons why one shouldn't insult someone with diesel arms. One being that it's rude. Another being personal safety. Especially if you suspect steroid use, because seriously.

Great arms, though! I want arms like that but Im lazy as *kitten*.
  • laurens47
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    It must have been this kid's dad.

dpsudtxb96yz.jpg

Lmao
  • laurens47
    Options
    There are many reasons why one shouldn't insult someone with diesel arms. One being that it's rude. The other being personal safety. Especially if you suspect steroid use, because seriously.

Great arms, though! I want arms like that but Im lazy as *kitten*.

Lmao! No steroid use here but seriously, the guy was rude! And thanks very much!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Definitely report it to the mods.

I'd say unbelievable, but sadly... it's all too believable.

Rock those guns!