30 Day Shred starting 18th of July

Options
fuzzieme
fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
Funny, I couldn't even spell that correctly, this is definitely for me ;) Yep so I'm gonna give that beast a go, starting tomorrow. Anyone doing it or thinking of starting, I'd welcome the company. Never used a tv workout before, will be an interesting experiment. Footsteps in my house echo like hell, just walking sounds like a dinosaur is coming for you. Damn ;)

Replies

• bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How are you doing it? Are you doing 10 days on each level?

lso, will you be having rest days?
  • simi5064
    simi5064 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do it every now and then as a fill in workout when i cant make it to the gym, but im willing to give it a shot all at once!
  • swo_01
    swo_01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see this post. I'm starting 30DS today!
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have done it a few times and this morning was telling myself that I needed to do the whole thing again. When looking up information on the best use of the DVD it suggests taking a rest day once or twice a week depending on the person. Good luck to all of us and thanks for reaching out:smile: Makes it much more fun to do things in a group!!!
  • fuzzieme
    Options
    Lovely to see replies :smile: To be honest I don't know much about it, I've watched level one and think I can do it so depending on what lays ahead of me I'll see how I get on, I'd really appreciate any advice you all have aswell, thanks for the tip on the rest day, I have some weddings and things planned too. Quite exciting! I got a yoga mat so hopefully it'll reduce the noise of me bumping around the living room.
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I am going to do 10 days on each level. I'm going to rest on Sundays, But Monday through Saturday I will do 30 DS.
  • fuzzieme
    Options
    First day done! Not too bad, I think I need better weights though...
  • fuzzieme
    Options
    I am going to do 10 days on each level. I'm going to rest on Sundays, But Monday through Saturday I will do 30 DS.

I think I'll do the same, aim for one rest day per week seems a good idea
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i just ordered this the other day and it suppose to arrive tomorrow. I'm tryin to decide if I'm going for the everyday, no rest days or do like you all mentioned and take Sunday as a rest day. I'm also training for a 1/2 marathon so I'm thinking maybe Sunday as a rest day is a good idea. From what I've read, these works out will indeed leave you quite sore in the begining. I'm excited to get started!
    One question, what size weights is everyone using? Are the weights in the DVD used just for arms? I have 10lb weights already but I'm fairly certain those will be too heavy until I build up to that....
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I am taking rest days so I don't overdo it with my body.

As far as the weights go, I am starting off with 3 pound weights because I am just getting back into exercising after 10 months of mot exercising due to being pregnant and giving birth. If my body was already used to exercising thenI would be using at least 5 pounds.

Do what you think you can handle. If the weights are too hard then go lower, but if the weights are too easy then go higher.
  • Heath_Bar
    Heath_Bar Posts: 38
    Options
    I am officially starting tomorrow so I'll join in. I am an absolute beginner. Last month I started and was so out of shape and had so much knee pain I had to take 4 days off in between at first, but it got better and I kept at it. I ended up doing 10 days of level 1, without weights, and it took me 6 weeks! Then we had a crazy few weeks with family things so I took 2 weeks off. but during that time I started jogging and doing pushups whenever I could. Now I bought 3 lb. weights and I'm going to restart. I'm really excited because I saw great results in just those 10 workouts.
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    Day one is done. It was definitely a burn with my 3lb weights. I think after a few days of it, maybe day 6 or 7, I might try it with the 5lb weights and see how it goes.
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    So day 2 wasn't as bad as dy one. Still somewhat hard, but at least I'm trying.

How is everyone else doing?
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    So how is everyone doing with this? There haven't been any posts since Friday.

I am on day 4.
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'm going to start today! I'll keep up with the thread as much as possible, I'm anxious to start! :happy:
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in! I'm on day 3 starting tonight but since I'm getting new weights and I skipped a few days, dang cold, I'm going to start day one again today. I'm going to get some 3lb weights and hope that it will help strengthen my stick arms so I can do some push ups haha!
  • Theoriginalevilgenius
    Options
    I'm also doing the 30 day shred (Jillian michaels) if that is the one you mean. My question is how do I track that workout? Do I really have to enter each exercise separately like 20 push-ups 1 min jumping jacks or whatever? Or is there a way to enter the workout as a whole?
  • Heath_Bar
    Heath_Bar Posts: 38
    Options
    You can enter it as general circuit training - 20 min.

I had a sinus infection hit me over the weekend so I didn't start until yesterday. But for the first time with weights (3lbs) I made it all the way through. We'll see how tonight goes.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm glad people started posting on this thread again! I actually ended up starting 30ds on the 18th and the next day was thinking "didn't I see a thread for people starting this yesterday?..." but couldn't find it.

Anyway, today is a big day for me because I've tried this before and have never made it past 4 days in a row, so from today on I am setting a personal record : )

Also using 3 lb weights, though I'm thinking I will start upping to 5 lb on the chest flys and curls (compound with the lunges) because those feel too easy with the 3's.
  • ahope2277
    ahope2277 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm on day 7, still level one. Using 5 pound weights and still need tiny breaks in the first and third strength sections. I'm hoping to get through that soon, I'm already seeing big improvements in strength.