Wierd Food TMI

Options
Okay, I don't mean to be gross, but I have a question.

I have been faithfully trying to follow healthy eating habits for a month now. (Goodbye 15 pounds!) Well, last night I ate some pretty fatty foods and I paid for it. I woke up in the middle of the night with cramps! I was in the bathroom for ages as my body pretty much let me know how much it hated what I had eaten.

Okay, so gross part aside, is this common? Does your body adjust to clean eating so quickly that is ditches the bad stuff so quickly?

Replies

• explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I find that is usually the case. I can't eat fried food without feeling it the next day myself.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It happens to me when I eat we'll for a time then have junk food my body screams at me "What the hell is this!?"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    This is definitely normal. If I decide to eat junk food, I know beforehand that I'll be paying for it later :sad:
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am the same way with gluten, sugar, dairy & soy - all the yucky processed stuff. These are all things that were a part of my regular diet but now they aren't. I ate a piece of sourdough bread the other day and I paid for it all afternoon. One a weekend getaway a few weeks ago I accidentally had some cheese in an omelet...felt like crap all day. I am on the opposite end of the spectrum of you though, I eat a high fat diet.
  • jenjen828
    jenjen828 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have not exactly been eating clean, but have been focused on being healthier with my diet. Last Sunday, we went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant after church. I cut my meal in half and boxed it up. A couple of hours later I felt so sick. Needless to say, I did not eat the other half of my leftovers, and I felt like crud on Monday. I have been at it 3 weeks at that point. Funny how our bodies rebel and wants the good stuff so quickly.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Goodness yes! I don't eat clean, far from it, but I avoid the worst of the bad stuff. After months of eating healthier, I went out with a few friends. Half a plate of cheese sticks and a two cocktails later and I was throwing up in the bathroom. The alcohol and grease hitting my stomach at the same time like that was very, very bad.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    happened to me once - and i hope I won't forget how i felt that weekend - felt like a big heavy gross rock was sitting in my tummy.
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am the same way with gluten, sugar, dairy & soy - all the yucky processed stuff. These are all things that were a part of my regular diet but now they aren't. I ate a piece of sourdough bread the other day and I paid for it all afternoon. One a weekend getaway a few weeks ago I accidentally had some cheese in an omelet...felt like crap all day. I am on the opposite end of the spectrum of you though, I eat a high fat diet.
    I eat plenty of healthy fat every day; however, I think it was more the fried foods that did me in. Never again my friend.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Yep. Happened to me way back when I did South Beach. After the 2 weeks with like NO sugar I ate stuffed french toast at IHOP...and puked before I got to the car. (NOT on purpose.)

But, my husband has a lot of experience with the fried food poos. ;)
  • teddy1234567
    teddy1234567 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That was me last sunday morning. I ate a schwarts bluecheese burger the nght before...mmmm. I can tell you i new about it the next morning!