Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Waiting for something to happen, isn't going to make it happen. You want a companion, you need to put yourself out there. And don't act desperate. Hang out with people who have the same interests as you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I second the advice to get out "there".. Where ever "there" is.. Join a community group, volunteer in your community, if you are not working, perhaps a part time job.

Can't sit in doors waiting on life to happen to you, you make life happen!
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Do you care about yourself? If so, then you do have someone who cares about you to come home to. And if not, then a relationship might just give you someone to be dependent upon to feel good about yourself. In the words of RuPaul (whose show I watch with my kids), “If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?”

I have spent a long time working through these things myself, while in a very long-term relationship. Relationships can be rewarding, but they cannot substitute for loving yourself.

I'm not a therapist, but you do sound depressed. If you aren't already working with a therapist, please give it some thought. They can be very helpful.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    turn off your computer, unplug the phone, get offline.
    go outside. do things.
    walk, cycle, roll around on a skateboard, join a dance class, walk a dog, shop in the frozen meals for one section of the supermarket.
    MEET people. 50% of people are women. maybe, just maybe some of them may like you. its odd how that works.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    And don't ask women out the minute you meet them. Give it time