False starts

Options
Hey All, need some advice from the group... I am perfect 90% of the day entering every single thing and then... at night after dinner mindless in front of the TV I eat carbs.. like cereal and I stop logging...

Anyone have similar experience and advice on how to stop?

Thanks!

Replies

• Misschuchii
    Misschuchii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i'm the same exact way with night time!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Pre-planning can help with this. If you know you are going to have an after dinner snack put this in your diary at the beginning of the day. Then you have accounted and can plan the rest of the day accordingly.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I happen to go through the same thing, so I actually leave the majority of my calories for the end of the day. Also, if you have been cutting out or heavily restricting during the day, binges are more likely to happen.

What worked for me:
    1. No cutting out of foods or food groups. Weight loss is all about calories after all. If I work my treats into my daily calories, I am less likely to obsess and binge.
    2. Since I am not hungry in the morning, I wait until much later to eat. I find that if I do eat early in the day, I won't stop eating...
    3. Preparation: Pre-weigh servings of foods you're likely to snack on such as chips or cereal.
    4. Sugar free soda helps when I don't have any calories left but feel like something sweet.
    5. Have a reasonable deficit. If I restrict too much, I am more likely to binge.
    6. Pre-logging. Plan your day with meals and snacks/treats.
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    There are some fantastic suggestions here!

For me, the cue for mindless eating was mindless TV watching. So I reduced the cue--I cut back on TV, and now I'm willing to turn it off and find something else to do if a show I'm watching is boring.

That helped a ton.

Good luck!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i eat low carb high fat and almost never have cravings at night
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Lately I'm the same, not with eating but with wine. I always tell myself I won't have any that night and then my housemates open a bottle with dinner and I'm just to weak to say no :( I was doing so well for 8 months too, it's really frustrating.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I save most of my calories for the evening. Pick some very low calorie thing in a pre measured portion and sit down with that. When it's gone, it's gone.
  • MiMi_5151
    MiMi_5151 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't sit mindless in front of the TV. Go for a walk, take a shower (or bubble bath), learn a craft that keeps your hands busy (woodworking, etc), go to bed early - just do anything except the behavior that leads to carb binging.
  • skellymama1
    skellymama1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    After dinner brush your teeth, drink water. Get up and do something, set yourself 1 hour of TV watching only!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Log a bowl of cereal at the start of the day

Measure it out cover it and leave it on the side to grab when you're ready

Check your logging before you eat it