Up 5lbs since wednesday

Options
124»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed. Only up 1.3 from yesterday and I ate and drank a fair bit while watching football (CFL playoffs). Beer, Crown, Wings, Pizza. Thought I'd gain more than that. Sigh. :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    2 weeks of RFL, 2 consecutive depletion workouts followed by 12k calories and over 1500g carbs put me up just shy of 20lbs from one day to the next. That was an interesting day of eating.

I wish you could see my face right now. I am thoroughly impressed.

My most recent scale jump was 4 pounds after starting a new lifting program and some salty popcorn which followed a stir fry.

I'll report back in a fortnight after I try the same again.
    2 weeks of RFL, 2 consecutive depletion workouts followed by 12k calories and over 1500g carbs put me up just shy of 20lbs from one day to the next. That was an interesting day of eating.

Woah. Now that's impressive!

I was up 13lbs after two weeks on holiday. Long haul flights are not my water retaining friend. It was gone within a week.

I find hamstring DOMS worse than butt DOMS, trying to sit on the loo is traumatic with super sore hams!

The food consumption was more fun than the bloating & water retention. I think I spotted your thread on BR forum, unless someone has the same username as you.

Indeed that's me, you spotted right. Fight Club rules and all that ;)

The "other" place as it should be known as.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Other than true water weight which tends to come on within 24 hours of sodium heavy/carb heavy meals - I also always see about a 2 week lag for scale impact from prolonged excess. Week of 10/29-11/6 was a very indulgent week - Halloween parties, candy, birthday, more restaurant meals, and less exercise than normal. I didn't see any scale impact from 11/7-11/11, and I was eating at a big deficit during those days to get back on track. Then over this past weekend things started to climb (TOM a factor as well) and I hopefully have topped out at 4.5 lbs higher than my lowest weigh in last 2 weeks! I remind myself it's temporary, but I'm at the top of my maintenance range with that weigh in this morning, so it still isn't fun to see on the scale!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Raptor2763 wrote: »
    A couple suggestions, if I may:
    1. Check your water. Oddly enough, you may not be taking on enough water, so your body's holding onto what it has.
    2. Check your food for salt or nitrites. Either or both will make you retain fluid - hence the weight gain.
    3. Check the timing of your meals. Try to space about two hours between meals or between meals and snacks. Also keep the three-hour rule in mind. That is, don't go to bed until at least three hours after your last meal.
    4. To accelerate fluid flush, try either lemon juice or cranberry juice with water - about a 50/50 mix should do it. Make sure you have a clear path to the bathroom; you're gonna need it.

My guess is the answer to your weight gain is along one of those lines. A small tweak should straighten things back out.

1) Know how I know you didn't read the thread before replying?

2) Meal timing is completely irrelevant in terms of weight loss. That's nothing but woo.

[ETA:] As to the OP - we had a celebration evening three days ago. Went out for cocktails/appetizers, then a HUGE Italian dinner, followed by our favorite frozen custard place for dessert. I was up 3.5 pounds on the scale the next morning. Yesterday morning 3.1 of it was already gone. One of the advantages of daily weighing, IMO - you understand such fluctuations, see them for what they are and don't sweat them.

I totally agree with the bolded. While I know daily weighings causes stress for some people, for me it enabled me to track my natural fluctuations. I know that my highest weight of the week is Monday morning, my lowest weight of the week is Friday morning, and the lowest Friday of each month is the one about 10 days after my cycle ends. If I only weighed weekly, or monthly, if I happened to catch it on the wrong day or didn't consider some of these other factors, then it could really send me into a tailspin.

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I think 5 lbs. in one day is pretty much my record. I do NOT want to break it, LOL.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My biggest was 10 lbs in 48 hours - vacation (restaraunt food, lots of alcohol, more carbs than normal).
  • karen110567
    karen110567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy to see all these posts; makes me feel a lot better about my small gain today. I was a bit stunned today when I was up about 1.5lb (working SO hard at losing). But I calmed myself down when I realized 1) It's ovulation time 2) I had a glass of wine last night 3) I did a lot of lifting furniture etc yesterday and (I just now realized) 4) I had a lot of sodium yesterday.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    My record stands at 3.5kg after a 21km hike going up and down a mountain (had never gone that far so was bloody proud of myself even if I felt them glutes the next day), coupled with 2 days of restaurant eating (meaning a lot higher in sodium than I am used to).

Laughed about it and went about my day. :smiley: A week later it was gone and took a friend with it as well. :wink:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Still up a week later

That's an embuggerance!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Oops. Bloodybuggerdam. h.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Still up a week later

That's an embuggerance!

^ Why am I totally envisioning a frustrated Ebeneezer Scrooge shaking his fist at the scale?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Still up a week later

That's an embuggerance!

^ Why am I totally envisioning a frustrated Ebeneezer Scrooge shaking his fist at the scale?

Foul ol' Ron

From Terry Pratchett's Discworld series

Millennium hand n shrimp