Help with binging and food dairy

MrsBattousai
MrsBattousai Posts: 171
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Hey!

I have bad binge day like we all do it has been a week since my last binge. I having a very had time finding a blance in my food for the day not eating enough one day then binging the next because I'm straving. Also I'm trying not to exclude certain foods because that pushs me into a binge. I'm trying to put caco powder in to play with that adding to cottage chesse or yogurt or to Banana's etc. For the chocolate craving. Any ideas on to help me reach my goal cals for the day. I'm thinking between 1200-1500 cals a day. Any ideas will be helpfully?

Tks!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    It's OK - next week the goal is to not have a binge day! for Chocolate cravings I like SweetRiot Cacoa nibs (www.sweetriot.com to see if they are in a store near you or order online). Try Fage 0% greek yogurt - great for putting on a baked potao or stirring in anything from fruit, honey or even cacoa. I have to tell myself I am eating for FUEL and keep myself too busy to think about just eating out of boredom or stress. Exercising outside the home helps too! Stock up on healthy fruits, veggies and lean fish and meat. You can do it!!!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    I again we need to have other choices around us when those cravings strike. Have you tryed the Cliff or Luna Bars, there awsome for a chocolate craving. I start my day with my own blend of coffee, 3 cups coffee, packet of swiss miss diet cocoa 25 calories, splenda, ice some times add a banana or tornto syrups and blend away. Helps to start my day already having the taste of chocolate, also sugar free fat free; chocolate puddings or fudge cycle bars. I crave salt too, so buy 100 calorie bags of almonds, popcorn or sunchips. Just have to get rid of the bad high calorie stuff, and in with the new low calorie stuff.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    7 lbs lost since May is about a pound a week--which is good.
    If you feel like you are overeating, you can drink a glass of water or sugar-free carnberry juice or non-caffinated tea; do some long gentle stretches; go take a relaxing bath; or brush and floss your teeth. Or do all of the above with your favorite scents wafting through the bathroom.
    Do non-eating things for yourself. Indulge in your favorite non-eating things.
    What do you think? I think I have helped myself through my next binge!!! ;)
    :drinker: (water)
  • Prayer has helped me a lot! I never realized how much of a sweet tooth I had until I started counting calories and it was really hard. Sodas are another weakness. From a 2 liter a day down to 1-12 oz can a day is pretty good but the ill side effects of withdrawals from caffiene was not easy. I haven't excluded anything from my "new life" but realize that if I want something "special", I have to give somewhere throughout the day so that I can have my "special". When you are feeling weak, just ask God to remove the cravings and ask Him to remove any temptations and help you "eat right" so that it may benefit your body and not hurt you. He will. Keep up the good work!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    women tend to crave carbs (sigh)
    don't know all your triggers, but seems you have a handle on some of them.

Start the day off with breakfast, which helps prevent overwhelming hunger later in the day.

Eliminate feelings of guilt related to labeling food as either good or bad. Some choices are healthier than others, but snacks and treats can be consumed in reasonable amounts. A few semi sweet chocolate chips are what i used. i finally beat it. BTW, there are low carb chocolate bars now if you can't do without. La Nouba is one. your use of cocoa is clever!

Plan ahead for each new week. Think about one's school, work, and activity schedule and how healthful snacks can be incorporated into it.

Keep healthful snacks close at hand, both at home and at work. i tossed or gave away my junk foods.

Try not to go for long periods of time without eating.

Combine lean protein foods with high-fiber carbohydrate sources to provide energy that lasts for several hours, such as a slice of vegetable pizza or a bean burrito.

my best one was to drink water when i felt hungry and then distract myself by doing something else for 10 minutes or so. the crave would disappear. it's not easy but you can fight back.
  • MrsBattousai
    Tks you all for the ideas I'm going to try them out!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Be extremely honest with yourself and log every little morsel, pad of butter, tastes during cooking, everything.
    Until I did this and honestly reviewed it I could not change my behavior. You will come to learn the MOST about this journey from your bad days. Don't deny yourself this learning tool.
    Change will come once you recognize your triggers and when you have those weak moments. I've actually learned that I will overindulge and have definately binged when Im alone. I now either log onto MFP, or I use that time to get in my daily exercise.
    Good luck . . . you can overcome!
  • alphaip
    alphaip Posts: 86
    Here's what I've learned about my binging -
    1) Don't let myself get too hungry! When that happens, the only things that will satisfy quickly are fat and sugar - which of course leads to more fat and sugar.

2) Don't keep my trigger foods in the house - there are some foods that seem to trigger binges for me - mainly peanut butter and chocolate chips.

So the key for me is to eat about every 3 to 4 hours between 300 to 500 calories. If I eat lunch at noon and then nothing in between until say 7pm - my body is screaming for instant satisfaction leading to the binges. This means I do have to plan ahead about 1 day in advance on meals and have some good tupperware.

I think 1200 calories a day may not be realistic long term. I've been doing Larry North's Slimdown for life and page 1 says "Any diet you can't do for the rest of your life is not worth doing for a day" - I was hooked ever since. I USED to be 12 pounds over weight - then I went on a 1000 calorie a day diet for a month and lost 5 pounds, but within 6 months - I ballooned up 40 pounds. Undereating leads to overeating and that's why "diets" have never worked for me.

I'm eating the most amazing foods, 5 times a day, and dropping a few pounds a week and I feel great. I've changed the way I prepare my foods - after I learned that I could have a four egg white omelette with veggies and fat free cheese and 3/4 cup of oatmeal for the same number of calories as two tablespoons of butter.

A calorie is a calorie - in the test tube but not in the body. I didn't really start losing weight until I dropped my fat calories and cut down on sugar - even though my total number of calories is around 2000.
  • MrsBattousai
    Tks for the post alphaip this really helps I'm going to try out the ideas!
  • alphaip
    alphaip Posts: 86
    You're so welcome. I know to each her own - but you can read the first few pages of the slimdown for life on amazon.com - it's like a $4 book used - and it has been a blessing.
This discussion has been closed.