Gaining weight 28weeks pregnant

Options
I'm behind in weight and I don't want a small baby trying to gain weight

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    This is a conversation you should be having with your OBGYN, not the internet.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    This is a conversation you should be having with your OBGYN, not the internet.

I agree with the above.
    Don't worry about the baby. The baby will take what it needs from you - even in areas of famine,unborn babies survive. But it will take its toll on your health if you're not eating enough. Speak to your doctor. Good luck.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My wife has similar struggles. She ended up loving chocolate and strawberry milk (ironically my wife hates milk otherwise).

You just need to find some high calorie foods that work with you. And if you have issues with being nauseated, speak wit your doctor.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I had trouble gaining when pregnant and, um, not financially able. Is this what's going on with you? Try switching to whole milk and full fat everything, and add one extra snack to your day, if you can afford frozen fruit a smoothie in the afternoon at teatime is a good way to add calories.

Also, don't worry! The weight gain goals are averages, and your body may work differently. I had 8 pound baby with a 20lb weight gain and a 10 pound baby with a FORTY pound weight gain, so it's not all that related. Your baby may be growing just fine, and you can gain too much and still have a small baby if the baby is meant to be small, then you have to lose all that extra weight. Talk to your doctor.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    I had trouble gaining when pregnant and, um, not financially able. Is this what's going on with you? Try switching to whole milk and full fat everything, and add one extra snack to your day, if you can afford frozen fruit a smoothie in the afternoon at teatime is a good way to add calories.

Also, don't worry! The weight gain goals are averages, and your body may work differently. I had 8 pound baby with a 20lb weight gain and a 10 pound baby with a FORTY pound weight gain, so it's not all that related. Your baby may be growing just fine, and you can gain too much and still have a small baby if the baby is meant to be small, then you have to lose all that extra weight. Talk to your doctor.

Yup. Me and my sister both gained 40 pounds during pregnancy. Her baby was 4 pounds, 13 ounces. Mine was 9 pounds, 4 ounces. Just goes to show your baby will be the size it will be. Eat when you're hungry, as much as you're hungry for.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    At 28 weeks pregnant, I ran into the same problem. I was so used to eating super healthy. I began to ease up a bit and eat higher fat foods and went for things like burgers and burritos when I wouldn't have before.

I ended up fixing the issue and baby was born 7 lbs 4 oz. She was healthy and fat and I began gaining a lb per week after 28 weeks.
  • socially_awkward_and_hungry
    Options
    I only gained 20lb carrying my twins and they were both 6lb at 36weeks...add cheese to everything, drink whole milk and snack on nuts and dried fruits ☺ I used to eat chocolate mousse with everything as a dip like ketchup