Hey

Options
kayte56789
kayte56789 Posts: 19 Member
edited November 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey so I'm new and I workout for 1-3 hours a day 6 days a week and weekends workout for 1 hour. I has been at 134 (lost 10 pounds so far) for like a week and I really want to get into the 120's.

Replies

• heathervallon
    heathervallon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you work out a lot - muscle is quite dense

at 5'5 - 125 would be very thin for you, but if you want to get there, then consider a change of eating habits - I can't speak to what you are eating now, but obviously if you want to lose weight, then it's numbers in numbers out. Lose 1750 calories / week from what you are consuming now (one venti latte a day) and in two weeks you will lose a pound. Its pretty simple math. Keep track of every single bite you put into your body for a week. If you have a tiny piece of cookie, mark it down as 1/2 chocolate chip cookie, etc. measure your wine (if you drink) don't guesstimate anything. Then make adjustments accordingly and you will lose weight.

I'm copying this next bit off of yahoo answers:

The minimum weight for your height is 125. You get to this by assuming that a person who is 5'0" should weigh no LESS than 100 lbs, then add 5 lbs for every inch past that. So at 5'5", you'd be considered very thin at 125. Society wouldn't tell you that (I think the average model has to stay below 120) but they aren't healthy. Your doctor has a totally different opinion. Up to 150 lbs, you would be considered a perfectly healthy weight. And after that point, a doctor would have to check your body fat before determining if you were not healthy. Even so, at 134 you are perfectly healthy.
  • kayte56789
    kayte56789 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks You @heathervallon