Isopure powder

Options
If I am not working out at all, but to complete my macros and calories, can i take isopure 1 scoop everyday?
As i find it difficult to stay under my carb and fat requirements withing the calories and still have enough protein.
Or taking a protein powder like isopure is inly for those who exercise?
Please guide me. Thank you.
Aditi

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i assume isopure is a protein supplement - sounds like whey isolate?

you can take it without working out. it won't do you any harm, if that's what you mean. your body will use what it needs and your kidneys will filter the rest.

i actually got accustomed to drinking a whey shake for breakfast about six months before i even walked into a gym. ti's just another way of getting protein into your life.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If I am not working out at all, but to complete my macros and calories, can i take isopure 1 scoop everyday?
    As i find it difficult to stay under my carb and fat requirements withing the calories and still have enough protein.
    Or taking a protein powder like isopure is inly for those who exercise?

Protein supplements is just a way to get enough protein if you can't get it through food. But I think it's best (easiest, tastiest, cheapest, most convenient) to first try to get what you need through food. MFP's default protein goal is pretty low and is almost hard NOT to hit - so what kind of diet are you eating? Vegetarian? Or have you changed the settings - to what? Why? Going over on fat is no problem either, or over on carbs, for that matter, as long as you get enough of the other two - and you know that you are getting enough when you feel good, not struggling with hunger or cravings, not lethargic or tired. Macro settings are meant to help you, not to be a straitjacket.
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I am just trying to follow a healthy LOw carb diet with 25% carbs, 45% protein n 30% fat.
    I usually eat vegetarian and eggs, so with just food if i increase my protein, i end up gowing higher in my carbs n fat.
    With isopure as its zero carb, i will be able to hit my protein target.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I am just trying to follow a healthy LOw carb diet with 25% carbs, 45% protein n 30% fat.
    I usually eat vegetarian and eggs, so with just food if i increase my protein, i end up gowing higher in my carbs n fat.

Oh, I can see why you're struggling (if that wasn't a typo). 45% protein is way (way, way) beyond necessary, healthy, realistic or practical. Yes, you need enough protein, and there are degrees of "enough", from "minimum requirement to not starve your body" to "the maximum of what you can utilize", but more is not always better, first it just gets difficult, expensive and boring, but it can be harmful (for your kidneys, or just on the expense of other nutrients) as it enters "too much". Low carb means high fat. A vegetarian diet will naturally be a bit low on protein, so you are making this very hard. If you aren't a vegetarian, you can eat more meat, fish, dairy and eggs to up your protein, but it may not even be necessary.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

That's an odd macro ratio (especially for someone who is mostly vegetarian) - why have you chosen to try and eat that way?
    Is that really going to be sustainable for weight loss and then maintenance?

By the way you don't even have to try and hit fixed percentages, protein and fat as minimum goals within your overall calorie target is far more flexible.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I try to keep low-carb and I calculate my protein at .6g per Gross Body weight or, if I know my LBM, .8g per lb of LBM.
    Then I set my carb % and fill in the rest with fat.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Oh, I can see why you're struggling (if that wasn't a typo). 45% protein is way (way, way) beyond necessary, healthy, realistic or practical. Yes, you need enough protein, and there are degrees of "enough", from "minimum requirement to not starve your body" to "the maximum of what you can utilize", but more is not always better, first it just gets difficult, expensive and boring, but it can be harmful (for your kidneys, or just on the expense of other nutrients) as it enters "too much". Low carb means high fat. A vegetarian diet will naturally be a bit low on protein, so you are making this very hard. If you aren't a vegetarian, you can eat more meat, fish, dairy and eggs to up your protein, but it may not even be necessary.

45% may not he too high, depending upon their current weight, deficit, LBM, etc. This is part of the reason why I hate people being so used to using percentage based macros. 45% protein is overkill for someone at 3000 kcal/day, nearly regardless of body comp. For someone at 12-1500 though, not so much.
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Even when i was not following low carb diet, i found it difficult to get enough proteins. Can someone please tell me if i can take protein supplement powder like isopure if i am not working out?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Even when i was not following low carb diet, i found it difficult to get enough proteins. Can someone please tell me if i can take protein supplement powder like isopure if i am not working out?
    It's a protein rich liquid food - that's all it is.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I swear by isopure whey isolate mixed with chocolate milk (or almond milk) at least once a day. I sometimes mix the powder in with my other foods. Otherwise, I barely touch my daily protein goal.