STRANGE Steps/Calories

zukerman
zukerman Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Anybody else ran into a recent inconsistency with the steps/calories burned ?
I'm running across some strange numbers where MFP reports substantially less calories burned for the last 2 days compare to just last week for no apparent reason, any idea what's going on ?

11K steps = 204 calories
11K steps = 457 calories

1eo09yn0xzfw.png

cxyyks0vz472.png

Thank you.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,175 Member
    Are these MFP generated numbers or are they the results of integration?

The calories from integration are an accounting adjustment where the two software programs compare calories spent to the end of day according to their estimates. MFP basically adjusts to accommodate the total calories reported by the other program.

In other words the number you see is a quite probably a whole day adjustment and only indirectly associated with the number of steps you also see.
  • rcoull75
    rcoull75 Posts: 47 Member
    I am exactly the same.

Thursday: 19,000 steps gave over 700 cal.

Friday: 11,000 steps gave only less than 200 cal???

I updated the iOS app to the latest version on Friday morning, so I am assuming this is what has done this.

Getting really fed up with MFP bugs recently!!
  • rcoull75
    This is using MFP app on iPhone, with an Apple watch.

No change in behaviour over these two days. Only difference was that I updated the MFP app from 7.4.1 to 7.5 on Friday morning.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    What are you using to sync with? Remember with Fitbits etc they don't calculate calories burned just on steps taken, but also how quickly the steps were taken, if they were a few here and a few there or all in a big chunk and if it's a HR model what your heart rate was like. I take around the same number of steps every day but my adjustment can be anything from 1000-2500 Calories depending on what I've actually done.
  • rcoull75
    This is definitely a bug in the latest app release.

Several other users reporting the same thing here...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478352/ios-7-5-release-notes-discussion
  • rayqd2
    rayqd2 Posts: 6 Member
    Also having this issue. Must be a bug.....
  • whittakerhelen
    whittakerhelen Posts: 1 Member
    I am so glad I have looked this up - I thought I was going mad. The steps I am doing this week seem to be worth many fewer calories than last week. I hope this is going to be fixed or I will be giving up with MFP and finding something else.