Poly-Unsaturated fats

Options
Hello, i was checking the nutrition tab and it turns out my poly unsaturates and mono unsaturates are recommended to have none (N/A) and i remember from a book than the good fats are poly unsaturates and mono unsaturates. But it tells me that i should have around 30g of saturated fat. I dont know if i need to buy premium to unlock a daily goal bar for polys and monos. Any suggestions? I get some polys and monos daily frkm various nuts and seeds and fish. So its constantly in the red since im meant to have 0 polys and monos according to this..

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    it doesn't mean you're suppose to have 0. It means there's no recommended daily amount. the saturated fat is filled in since we're not supposed to have more than 10% of total calories from saturated fats (or in your case no more than 30g).
  • mattgunnmg6496
    mattgunnmg6496 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh lol im a noob my bad
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Oh lol im a noob my bad

It's not your fault. The makers of MFP have made that little bit confusing. People ask about it all the time.
  • mamabear4ever1177
    mamabear4ever1177 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes I came here to check it myself because mine say 0 and every day they are negative and red. Rather disconcerting when you're trying to stay within the guidelines. I have found questions about it dating back to 2011!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Yes I came here to check it myself because mine say 0 and every day they are negative and red. Rather disconcerting when you're trying to stay within the guidelines. I have found questions about it dating back to 2011!

Worth noting that MFP makes everything red when over, even if the goal is really more of a minimum. For example, potassium is hard to track on MFP anyway, but it's not bad to go over. Fiber is one many of us try to go over, and same with protein.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Worth noting that MFP makes everything red when over, even if the goal is really more of a minimum. For example, potassium is hard to track on MFP anyway, but it's not bad to go over. Fiber is one many of us try to go over, and same with protein.

With the amount of plants I eat, I go way over potassium every day...